Author Topic: How's this for stupidity?  (Read 1428 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How's this for stupidity?
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/04/us-troops-slaughtered-afghan-women_n_524873.html

U.S. Special forces killed two pregnant Afghan women and then tried to conceal evidence of their involvement by digging the bullets out of their bodies with their knives.

Then they denied all involvement in the incident.

Then the denials had to be reversed because they were too fucking stupid to be able to stick with their own lies after the Afghans themselves investigated the massacre (there were other civilians along with the two pregnant women who were killed.)

Apparently they had also tried to dig bullets out of walls, as part of their cover-up.

I dunno, if the circumstances weren't so tragic, it would actually be comical to watch the escapades of a group of psycho thugs with vegetable-level IQs led apparently by total morons and let loose with firearms in a strange and hostile country.

The reporters who first brought the story into the public eye were first denounced as liars and fabricators by the Army for denying the Army's own lying account of the incident, but now it appears (what a surprise!) that the only liars involved were wearing the uniform of the serially-disgraced U.S. Army.    Geeze, just another day at the Murder Factory.  What a way to earn a living!!

I think at this point it should be pretty obvious how badly the Afghans need the "civilizing" influence of America in their lives.  It's pretty obvious that the best thing America can do for Afghanistan is to get the fuck out of there as fast as their legs can carry their scurvy murdering asses, and stop pretending that they are there for the good of the Afghan people.  Maybe this time Obama will realize that enough is enough and stop his pandering to the military-industrial complex and whoever else is benefiting from this fucking atrocity of a war.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: How's this for stupidity?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
Shit happens.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
I doubt you'll even find 1 person that tries to defend what these soldiers did, if these conclusions/facts have been established
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »
What the soldiers did was understandable, both before and after the shooting.

Might not make it the ideal, but it is understandable.

And it probably doesn't help to have the guy we are propping up, play both sides against the middle.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303917304575162012382865940.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

BSB

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
Imagine Snowblower calling someone else psycho when because he tried so hard to conceal his murderous intent, and pretend he was a humanest, at Amnesty International, he had a nervous breakdown?

What a phony. 

BSB

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you again, BSB, but I never had a nervous breakdown in my life.  (Not that there's anything wrong with it.)  Never had to conceal my murderous intent, either, which was sometimes lethal but never really murderous and always limited to enemies of the people, racists, fascists and similar wrongdoers whose continued presence on earth is an insult and a threat to all decent, honest men and women of good will.  However, you did not get it ALL wrong, I actually was with AI once upon a time.

But you go on fabricating lies and insults against someone who doesn't see things the same way you do, it's a lot more satisfying than trying to come up with lame-assed arguments that go nowhere and fall apart of their own weight, trying to prove that your own fucked-up and pathetic view of the world is the truth, and that the truth (as I and others like me tell it) is all wrong.  Good luck widdat.  You already failed so many times, maybe you'll have better luck with the lies and insults.  I can already think of one member of this group who's dumb enough to believe your bullshit automatically.  Stay with it, exercise your creativity. Just let me know whenever you'd like some intelligent debate.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »
<<What the soldiers did was understandable, both before and after the shooting.

<<Might not make it the ideal, but it is understandable. >>

That helps big-time.  The Marquis de Sade was "understandable."  The fucking Holocaust was "understandable."  I liked your first response to this better:  "Shit happens."  How many man-hours of criminal trials could we have spared by limiting defence attorneys to this one simple but eloquent phrase?  It's so beautifully self-evident that no evidence need ever be called in support of it, saving additional billions of trial hours.    Actually, the New Yorker magazine captured this once in a very funny cartoon, the accused in the dock hanging his head in shame while his lawyer is telling the judge, "What can I say, Your Honor?  Embezzlement happens."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Actually, the New Yorker magazine captured this once in a very funny cartoon, the accused in the dock hanging his head in shame while his lawyer is telling the judge, "What can I say, Your Honor?  Embezzlement happens."

You are correct. The cartoon did capture the conundrum. There is the act, then there is the mitigation.

You do it all the time.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »
<<You are correct. The cartoon did capture the conundrum. There is the act, then there is the mitigation.>>

Actually, the cartoon was practically unique to the crime of embezzlement.  Embezzlement requires planning, concealment, long-term execution and continuous criminal intent, often exercised over a period of years.  Whereas "shit happens" can be an explanation for sudden and unpremeditated crimes of violence, dependent on human frailty in a sudden crisis, its application to the more intentional sustained actions of an embezzler, is so grossly inappropriate that it's actually funny.

<<You do it all the time. >>

Sorry.  I do WHAT all the time?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
Sorry.  I do WHAT all the time?

Mitigate, defend, minimize.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »
I would assume that the special forces troops were overly hasty or careless in choosing their targets, and did not kill,the pregnant Afghans intentionally. That was, I assume the stupid part. It probably is not so stupid to try to avoid punishment for the crime. Unsuccessfully removing evidence would be the stupid part there.

Had these guys been in the US on base somewhere, they would almost certainly not have shot anyone. So the blame should go to those who sent them or trained them so poorly that they offed the wrong Afghans.

A agree that "embezzlement happens" is a funnier statement than "manslaughter happens" or  perhaps even "mayhem happens" in the context of the cartoon.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
But you go on fabricating lies and insults against someone who doesn't see things the same way you do, it's a lot more satisfying than trying to come up with lame-assed arguments that go nowhere and fall apart of their own weight, trying to prove that your own fucked-up and pathetic view of the world is the truth, and that the truth (as I and others like me tell it) is all wrong. 

WoW...the irony in that paragraph alone was as thick as Tule Fog
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:52 PM »
<<I agree that "embezzlement happens" is a funnier statement than "manslaughter happens" or  perhaps even "mayhem happens" in the context of the cartoon.>>

Yes.  It was funny precisely because the crime being excused was embezzlement.  Wouldn't have worked, at least not to  New Yorker standards of humour, with any other crime I can think of off-hand.

It also works on a wider sense too, as a dig at the liberal or modernist tendency to excuse or mitigate just about any kind of social misconduct on sweeping, bien-pensant philosophical grounds, rather than applying the relatively inflexible Old Testament moral standards of days gone by.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
"...and always limited to enemies of the people, racists, fascists and similar wrongdoers whose continued presence on earth is an insult and a threat to all decent, honest men and women of good will. "

Hey , us too!

What a coincidence.