Author Topic: Have you too noticed the Democrat slanderous TV commercials?  (Read 1402 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Have you too noticed the Democrat slanderous TV commercials?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
Piece work would make sense if the rate were evaluated fairly, ie. five bushels per hour or something like that.
But the truth is that those determining the rate set it at a pint where few can even make the minimum wage.

I don't think picking anything is likely to make for a stimulating job.

Picking bananas, one occasionally encounters a tarantula, which is stimulating, but not in the way most people enjoy being stimulated.
=======================================
I always liked that slogan "Pontiac builds excitement". I was thinking that driving a Pontiac could be most exciting if one removed the tie rods from the steering.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
Hireers do not determine pay rates alone.

If too little is offered none show up for the work, offer a bit more and a few are interested, enough is offered when enough workers show up wanting it.

It is like an auction.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
What actually happens is that some people always show up. When they find out how much they are expected to do for peanuts, they quit.

Here in Miami, Old Folks' homes, which are exempt from minimum wage laws of any sort, pay $50 per day, and by per day, I mean 24 hours in residence. People are expected to live in for six days and get one day off. Most people doing this are illegals, who find it tolerable because they do not have to pay rent.

If anything happens to any old person, they get the blame and get fired. 
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Two gems from Obama's message-machine today ? the first, a campaign mailer:

Right now, the same special interests that we've fought for two years are flooding the airwaves with negative ads. They don't have the courage to stand up and disclose the identity of their donors. They could be insurance companies. They could be Wall Street banks. We don't know.

This kind of politics isn't just a threat to Democrats. It's a threat to our democracy.

Got that? Legal campaign advertising ? restrictions on which are typically pushed forth by Democrats ? are a "threat to our Democracy." Then, this is Obama in Rhode Island yesterday, stumping for Democrat David Cicilline in Rhode Island's 1st Congressional District:

If Latinos sit out this election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends, who stand with us on issues that are important to us," if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then its going to be harder.

Punish our enemies?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
Ky. Democrats to Air ?Stomp? Ad Against Ron Paul
By Patrick O'Conner
Wall Street Journal

With the election five days away, politicians and their backers aren?t holding back.

Kentucky Democrats will begin airing an ad over the weekend that features a supporter of Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul stepping on the head of a woman from MoveOn.org. The ad comes on the heels of another commercial aired by Democrat Jack Conway?s campaign that questioned Mr. Paul?s faith

SOP
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25:46 PM »
Kentucky Democrats will begin airing an ad over the weekend that features a supporter of Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul stepping on the head of a woman from MoveOn.org.

I forget, did Paul apologize for his supporters actions?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
Did he?  You tell me

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
Did he?  You tell me

No idea. Don't think he needs to, but there is more to this story than originally revealed.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
Did he?  You tell me

No idea. Don't think he needs to, but there is more to this story than originally revealed.

if Moveon.org is involved that is all I need to know.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked: