Author Topic: Not a good recommendation for a president.  (Read 3561 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not a good recommendation for a president.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 02:05:59 PM »
Annenberg made his fortune selling first racing forms, then the TV Guide. He was one of Nixon's biggest supporters. Nixon was pretty much an anathema to people like Ayers back in the 1960's. So if Annenberg, whose foundation is rather picky (I know this from helping a colleague write a grant proposal to Annenberg's foundation) thinks Ayes is reliable, then I'd say he is.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »
<<So if Annenberg, whose foundation is rather picky (I know this from helping a colleague write a grant proposal to Annenberg's foundation) thinks Ayes is reliable, then I'd say he is.>>

Save your breath, XO.  This is not about Ayers' reliability.  It's all about smearing Obama is a "terrorist" and will look the other way on bomb-planters, especially if they're Muslim bomb-planters.  They're out to scare the pants off the average American voter.  "This one's" a friend to any "terrorist," especially any terrorist called "Hussein," and everyone knows they're ALL called "Hussein."

Knutey

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

Somebody really cares what a pervert toe-sucker and his own personal Hillary thinks ?

Gotta love that liberal open-minded tolerance.

I tolerate toe-suckers if they dont suck my toes and if they dont pretend to be better than thou.
Being a toesucker may not necessarily negate your opinion , but certainly does your judgement- Yucko!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
Actually, I doubt that toe-sucking and other fetishes are related to an individuals reasoning skills. Part of the mind is logical, but part of is not and can never be. We need both instinct and reason to survive. Mental health is determined by the ability to compartmentalize these and to suppress those that might cause a person to get himself killed.

Still, I do not consider Dick Morris to be a particularly good political analyst.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
Still, I do not consider Dick Morris to be a particularly good political analyst.

Probabaly because he no longer sucks the toes of Hillary or Bill
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 07:50:15 PM »
Probabaly because he no longer sucks the toes of Hillary or Bill

??? ??? ???

I care not about Bill's or Hillary's toes. I don't think they are into sucking toes or being toe suckees, either.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »
I don't think they are into sucking toes or being toe suckees, either.

I judged a toe sucking contest once. And an ear nibbling contest.

Ahh, the 70s...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
 :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
What are the criteria for superior toe sucking? hickies?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
What are the criteria for superior toe sucking? hickies?

I'm not so sure you CAN get hickies on your toes.

I gave points for warmth, technique, and extra points for stuff like massaging or tickling my feet while sucking the toes, using interesting props (one girl applied, then sucked off creme de menthe, for example), etc. There were no set criteria, I'm sure each of the three judges had his own criteria in mind.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
Why is that Annenberg hired Williams Ayers?

Annenberg didn't hire Ayers. The Annenberg Foundation gave his organization a matching grant.

Please study up on the issue.

So, you're saying that two individuals can be associated with an organization and not be associated with each other? 

I mean, 'cause, you know, to me, it looks like the Annenberg Foundation bears Annenberg's name and he is a big shot Republican.  And Ayers got funds or whatever it is you're claiming from the Annenberg Foundation, so clearly Annenberg is palling around with terrorists.

Right?  Isn't that how we got to the idea that Ayers and Obama were best friends who swore a blood oath pinky swear to the same ideals and love of explodey stuff at government building?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
Foundations by definition are usually funded by a philanthropist but are usually administered in a hands off approach, ie they appoint a director who follows the mission statement and adheres to laws governing 501-c's.

I doubt seriously whether Walter Annenberg was involved in the decisions regarding the Chicago Annenberg Challenge , though he might have given approval to the Nationwide idea of the Challenge.

To give you a better understanding, there is the Carnegie Institute for Peace, funded by Andrew Carnegie's millions, yet i doubt Carnegie is notified of every grant, seeing as how he is dead.

The same could be said for the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
Foundations by definition are usually funded by a philanthropist but are usually administered in a hands off approach, ie they appoint a director who follows the mission statement and adheres to laws governing 501-c's.

I doubt seriously whether Walter Annenberg was involved in the decisions regarding the Chicago Annenberg Challenge , though he might have given approval to the Nationwide idea of the Challenge.

To give you a better understanding, there is the Carnegie Institute for Peace, funded by Andrew Carnegie's millions, yet i doubt Carnegie is notified of every grant, seeing as how he is dead.

The same could be said for the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations.

But still, you guys claim that Ayers and Obama are "good friends" since they were associated with the same foundation but who else was associated with this foundation?  Any Republicans associated with this organization (that it has already been proven that Ayers and Obama are not associated exclusively with).???

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »
Let me explain this to you like you are a six year old.

It isn't about Ayers.

It is about Obama's knee jerk impulse to not be forthcoming with the TRUTH about anything he percieves could get in the way of his goal.

The guy is not candid.

The guy is not truthful.

The guy therefore is not trustworthy.

That may be OK with you.

With others it may not be OK.

Even the biggest flamethrower for the left on this board, Mikey, (Knute doesn't count) says Obama blew this one. He should have gotten way out in front of this as soon as Hillary threw it into the ring.
The drip drip drip of revelations is hurting his credibility.