Author Topic: Uhm what about the moon??  (Read 2565 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uhm what about the moon??
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
There are limiting factors (a huge distance, huge expense, radiation, meteorites) that make space travel and interplanetary colonization a lot more difficult than building a computer. I think that eventually there is a good chance of this happening, but we tend to make it seem a lot easier than it is, because we are imagining Star Trek and Star Wars more than reality. There is likely no warp drive possible. Transporters have yet to be invented. We would be foolish to think that the Vulcans will come to help us through the rough patches.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »
I was using computers as an example on innovation but also as a factor of how space travel might be made due to collateral development. research toward teleportation might not work. research toward better communication might yield teleportation accidentally. somebody said innovation is not a straight line, it`s more like a how a drunk person walks afew steps forward with some stumbles and a couple of steps backward and at times no progress at all.

the irony is intelligence is not always a factor. the most intelligent person is perfectly capable of not coming up something ever.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
That is the basis for the BBC series "Connections", done by James Burke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Burke_%28science_historian%29

This is a study of how one technical innovation led to another.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:44 PM »
kimba1

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »Quote I was using computers as an example on innovation but also as a factor of how space travel might be made due to collateral development. research toward teleportation might not work. research toward better communication might yield teleportation accidentally. somebody said innovation is not a straight line, it`s more like a how a drunk person walks afew steps forward with some stumbles and a couple of steps backward and at times no progress at all.

the irony is intelligence is not always a factor. the most intelligent person is perfectly capable of not coming up something ever.
Report to moderator    Logged
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier_Onassis

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »Quote That is the basis for the BBC series "Connections", done by James Burke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Burke_%28science_historian%29

This is a study of how one technical innovation led to another.

[/quote]

These are good points!

I think that as aircraft improved and automobiles improved  so spacecraft may improve.

Very rapidly , I mean , once there were a lot of them being built and a lot of people involved.