Author Topic: Sirs, you have discussed this one before.  (Read 2945 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sirs, you have discussed this one before.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »
This guy is a nut.
He should leave his damned gun in his car.
There are no deer to hunt in school.
Odds ate 300,000 against any need to shoot anyone in that school at least.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »
If anything you are being generous with those odds.

Sure , but why reduce his safety even so slightly?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
As I've opined before, unless you're law enforcement, I don't support open carry laws.  It defeats both the purpose and success of concealed carry. 
- Bad guys are going to break whatever gun laws the legislature passes.  That's what makes them bad guys.  They're going to carry their guns, regardless of what the xo's in the world rant about
- Bad guys don't want to get shot, so they're going to target areas that are either gun free zones, OR, if they are still intent on doing some shooting/killing, they're going to target ANYONE they see carrying a gun.  Which means the open carry person is a primary target to any bad guy

I fully support the ban on open carry (which may put me at odds with certain conservatives), while at the same time fully support making concealed carry the goal of any would be law abiding legal gun owner, who wants to better protect themselves and their families, including when they're meeting up with their children at school
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »
Again, this guy is a nut. If I had a child in that school, I would not feel safer knowing that this nut is swaggering about with his gun.
People who think of themselves as Big Swinging Dicks, like this guy, are simply looking for trouble. They do not belong in school.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
Actually, no, he's looking to better defend his daughter, in a "we're a defenseless zone".  If other parents have a problem with that, tough.  If the state has legally approved this gentleman to be able to safely carry a firearm, then that should be the end of it.

He would do better at that, with concealed carry however
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »
He is not trying to defend squat. He is a gun nut defending his insanity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »
So that Government is that careless and irresponsible to have approved this obvious loon?     ::)

Here's a test......Are you afraid of your car??  It can kill, you know

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
If my car were folloig be about , going vroom, vroom, I would be afraid. My car was not intended to be a weapon. this fool's sidearm was.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
And what gun follows anyone around??  Last I checked they weren't endowed with artificial intelligence    :o    A car can be just as much a weapon as any firearm.  So, I'll ask again....are you afraid of your car?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
Again, this guy is a nut. If I had a child in that school, I would not feel safer knowing that this nut is swaggering about with his gun.
People who think of themselves as Big Swinging Dicks, like this guy, are simply looking for trouble. They do not belong in school.

You are definitely projecting opinions/attitudes on this guy that he is not likely to really have.

If you managed to find a real example of the bad attitude you are describing, subtract the gun, what is he now?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
And what gun follows anyone around??  Last I checked they weren't endowed with artificial intelligence    :o    A car can be just as much a weapon as any firearm.  So, I'll ask again....are you afraid of your car?

The silence speaks volume.  I thank you     8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »
If my car had human intelligence and the personality of the prick that takes his dumbass gun to school, yeah, I would be afraid.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »
As Plane demonstrated, you're applying attitudes on someone that doesn't fit.  Where in human intelligence is being concerned for their daughter's overall safety, equating to being a prick??

Though at least you're starting to grasp the point being made here....it's the person behind the tool, NOT the tool itself.  If the state/government has determined that this person is safe carrying a firearm, just as you've been deemed safe to drive a car, what's the problem??  Should we all be scared when you're on the road, because you're being a prick in choosing to drive an obviously dangerous automobile??