Author Topic: Dinner with Ahmadinejad  (Read 34605 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dinner with Ahmadinejad
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »

Are you?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 02:32:49 PM »
Yes, what do you do for a living?

I'm a fiscal analyst with the state.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
Observe that, other than the war budget for Iraq and Afghanistan, teensy middle-class Israel, gets more foreign aid from the US than all of those pink countries.

And Israel is an unwelcome colony planed in hostile territory.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 02:53:35 PM »
>>I'm a fiscal analyst with the state.<<

LMFAO!

It makes perfect sense.

Richpo64

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »
>>Observe that, other than the war budget for Iraq and Afghanistan, teensy middle-class Israel, gets more foreign aid from the US than all of those pink countries.<<

What is the amount of foriegn aid given to Israel and those pink countries?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 07:48:28 PM »
It really simplifies life when you can focus exclusively on one side's casualties. 

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, they have many more  Shiri Negaris than the Israelis do, but neither the money nor the PR skills to exploit them so creatively.

yellow_crane

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2007, 11:29:36 PM »
JS, I find your oft-expressed hostility to the historical plight of Jews"

JS  are you anti-semitic?
================================================
One observes that people do not ask, ever, if someone is anti-Gypsy or a host of otherr things one might be, as though anti-semitism is some sort of diabolic disease, and all that profess it should be treated as lepers or worse.

The AIPAC seems to have been quite successful in tainting anyone who does not approve is everything that Israel does or opposes any part of the vast aid that the US donates to this very small middle-class country to which the US donates more than any other, is anti-semitic and should be ostracized entirely, all their ideas should be rejected. But anti-semitism as defined nowadays is defined by the AIPAC, and their contention is that anti-Zionist is equivalent to anti-semitism.

I note that they seem to have not managed to taint Jimmy Carter with this, but are still going after any academics- even Jewish ones- that disagree with Israeli policies and handouts to Israel. There must have been some interesting AIPAC committee meetings discussing Carter and others.

A person who disagrees with Israel is anti-Zionist, not anti semitic, by the way. A true anti Semite should have scribbled at least one swastika, I think.

There was a time when being Jewish in the US was a disadvantage, but that time has passed long ago. American Jews have more power and more money and more representation in Congress than damn near any other group. They are over represented in Congress and the Senate and vastly overrepresented in the bureaucracy.

This is rarely pointed out, though, because anyone doing the pointing would be accused of anti-semitism.

If I am a descendant of an Ulster Catholic, and I feel that SinnFein or the Provos have the right idea about uniting all of Eire's 33 counties, and I send them money, I will likely be jailed if caught. I am not allowed to express my political belief that all of Ireland should be united.

On the other hand, I can send all the money I wish to AIPAC, and lobby my government to subsidize Israel's colonization fo the WB and constant mistreatment of Palestinians, I will never be chastized, not even in the papers.

There is not even a word for being anti-Irish unity that I can use to lambaste my detractors like anti-Semitic.

I would like to point out that I am partly of Irish ancestry, and think that a united Ireland is a pretty good idea, especially since the Auld Sod has gotten mostly rid of the Brits as well as the insufferable wet blanket to progress that was the Holy Mother Roman Catholic Church, and is now the most prosperous nation in the EEC.  I don't support the Sinn Fein or the Provos, because I think they have become counter productive and irrelevant these days. I expect that eventually the Ulster Protestants will see that union with the Euro-based EEC and the Irish Republic will be greatly to their advantage. This might take a couple of generations, but the days of suffering as Frank McCourt did in Limerick are over and the wait will not be painful at all.

Excellent points about the invisibility of the Jews. 

Part of the camoflage enabling this is the tactical weapon of conspiracy theory label, which when once applied, renders the observer feeling too much a fool to speak up.  When addiction experts wandered into the study of shaming, they too were attacked as those every bit as foolish as conspiracy theorists.

Shaming is all about control.   Shaming is not part of the human emotional palette; it is not native to one, but can only be internalized or not, coming though always from another.   A man alone knows no shame, shame is not guilt, shame is a binding from without.  Your average puritan is a eunech without its use.  The history of religions reveals that shaming works almightally when it comes to stalling the chattel and rowing the fields.  Keep making them feel humble.  When the flocks begin to stray, brother, use your tools.

Domer, normally a player and a dude, when hearing 'Jewish' sees the Queen of Diamonds card, and presents only the attempt to shame, which will carry all of the effluvencies in direct proportion to the guilt he thinks he shoulders, but is really the shame the Jews were able to introduce into him by the pallets-full.

Domer, then, is disqualified to opine of anything Jewish, henceforth, therapeutically, lest his raging emotional dysfunction careens him into his own self's way, harmfully.  When feasibly deprogrammed, he will of course be encouraged to display what is in reality a true and noble brilliance, batteried by a heart of gold, and a wit all worthy fops would dop a hat to. 

During his family week, I shall embrace him (I have always liked him) and weep with him as he, raging against the agonies of again tasting that bitterest slinking betrayal, realizes just how intimately he was abused by that rabbi's pointy finger.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 04:29:20 AM »
I wouldn't go near so far as to claim "armageddon", but I do find a scary trend how in so many generations, there seems to jump up some "group" that wants to rid the world of Jews

Spoken like a true westerner.  Pray tell Sirs, will you list these generations and groups that wish to see Jews exterminated?

Just off the top of my head,
Ahmaimanutjob
Hamas
PLO/PA
Hitler
Roman Empire
Assyrians
Babylonians
Philistines
Egyptians

Just to name a few

Why do you find that strange, but not groups that wish to see other ethnic or religious groups exterminated?

I don't
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 07:15:23 AM »
Although I thought domer went too far in giving the Jews a pass based on the Holocaust, I'm more disturbed by crane's correction than I was by domer's excessive solicitude.   Domer was at least coming from the right place and recognized that the roots of the Palestinian problem lie in European anti-semitism, which is to say Christian anti-semitism.  That "rabbi's pointy finger" was making a very valid point and domer got it.  Crane's post left me with the feeling that he just didn't get it.  And that would be like validating all of the past's anti-semitism or at least ignoring the way it continues to make victims out of both the Jews and the Palestinians by pitting them against each other.

The points against AIPAC were valid as far as they went, but seem to overlook the fact that AIPAC gets away with all its shit because people LET IT get away with it, Jews and non-Jews alike.  AIPAC is probably one of the worst enemies the Jewish people will ever face, because it enables and encourages them to fuck with people they should never be fucking with and invites an inevitable payback, possibly on a very large scale.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 09:27:57 AM »
Do you know who Rachel Corrie is?

Don't you know she doesn't count, JS?  ::)

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
I wouldn't go near so far as to claim "armageddon", but I do find a scary trend how in so many generations, there seems to jump up some "group" that wants to rid the world of Jews

Spoken like a true westerner.  Pray tell Sirs, will you list these generations and groups that wish to see Jews exterminated?

Just off the top of my head,
Ahmaimanutjob
Hamas
PLO/PA
Hitler
Roman Empire
Assyrians
Babylonians
Philistines
Egyptians

Just to name a few

The PLO recognizes Israel's existence.

Egypt? When?

The Romans put down revolts in Israel, the same as they did in other provinces. They also exalted military conquerors as heroes in their society, and the Middle East (for a period of time) proved a good place as any to test one's merits on the battlefield.

I notice you left off probably the biggest culprit in anti-Semitism and Jewish mistreatment.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
Do you know who Rachel Corrie is?

Don't you know she doesn't count, JS?  ::)

I guess she wasn't as pretty as this girl.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
JS, I find your oft-expressed hostility to the historical plight of Jews"

JS  are you anti-semitic?
================================================
One observes that people do not ask, ever, if someone is anti-Gypsy or a host of otherr things one might be, as though anti-semitism is some sort of diabolic disease, and all that profess it should be treated as lepers or worse.

The AIPAC seems to have been quite successful in tainting anyone who does not approve is everything that Israel does or opposes any part of the vast aid that the US donates to this very small middle-class country to which the US donates more than any other, is anti-semitic and should be ostracized entirely, all their ideas should be rejected. But anti-semitism as defined nowadays is defined by the AIPAC, and their contention is that anti-Zionist is equivalent to anti-semitism.

I note that they seem to have not managed to taint Jimmy Carter with this, but are still going after any academics- even Jewish ones- that disagree with Israeli policies and handouts to Israel. There must have been some interesting AIPAC committee meetings discussing Carter and others.

A person who disagrees with Israel is anti-Zionist, not anti semitic, by the way. A true anti Semite should have scribbled at least one swastika, I think.

There was a time when being Jewish in the US was a disadvantage, but that time has passed long ago. American Jews have more power and more money and more representation in Congress than damn near any other group. They are over represented in Congress and the Senate and vastly overrepresented in the bureaucracy.

This is rarely pointed out, though, because anyone doing the pointing would be accused of anti-semitism.

If I am a descendant of an Ulster Catholic, and I feel that SinnFein or the Provos have the right idea about uniting all of Eire's 33 counties, and I send them money, I will likely be jailed if caught. I am not allowed to express my political belief that all of Ireland should be united.

On the other hand, I can send all the money I wish to AIPAC, and lobby my government to subsidize Israel's colonization fo the WB and constant mistreatment of Palestinians, I will never be chastized, not even in the papers.

There is not even a word for being anti-Irish unity that I can use to lambaste my detractors like anti-Semitic.

I would like to point out that I am partly of Irish ancestry, and think that a united Ireland is a pretty good idea, especially since the Auld Sod has gotten mostly rid of the Brits as well as the insufferable wet blanket to progress that was the Holy Mother Roman Catholic Church, and is now the most prosperous nation in the EEC.  I don't support the Sinn Fein or the Provos, because I think they have become counter productive and irrelevant these days. I expect that eventually the Ulster Protestants will see that union with the Euro-based EEC and the Irish Republic will be greatly to their advantage. This might take a couple of generations, but the days of suffering as Frank McCourt did in Limerick are over and the wait will not be painful at all.

XO, you raise some really good points. I want to nitpick for a minute, not to be an ass, but to make a point that is important to this discussion.

First, there are thirty-two counties in Ireland, not thirty-three hence the famous Sinn Fein posters 26 + 6 = 1. Also, the Roman Catholic Church is still very much active in Ireland and Northern Ireland, much more so than the rest of Europe, even Italy. The Catholic Church's stance on Northern Ireland was always one of peaceful resolution, but also equal rights for Catholics. It was a tough line to walk really, but they could no other. The Church simply could not support armed insurrection, though notably there were priests who did (and who remain priests to this day).

But, your point is excellent. And in truth the IRA, CIRA, RIRA, and PIRA have been historically funded by people in the United States, almost always of Irish Catholic heritage. As an aside, the money and much of the arms came from the United States, but some of the arms were bought from Libya with American money at the height of the period in which America and Libya were at a stand-off!

The British call those Americans (or any Americans that wave around their Irish ancestry) "plastic paddies." Meaning that they are fake, false, wannabes. On the other hand, the Irish love them (except you'd probably not be well received by Ian Paisely and his crew).

So, I wonder why we have such a phenomena of plastic Zionists. They refuse to see the apartheid and violence, deprivation, and terror brought down on the Palestinians - yet they cheer when Israel goes to war and they mourn when an Israeli is killed. If you so much as peacefully protest with a Palestinian, you're a terrorist. If you say something bad about the Israeli Government, you're anti-Semitic. If you aid the Israelis, you're a patriot.

Plastic Zionism is bizarre indeed.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster