Author Topic: Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan  (Read 1042 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan
« on: November 08, 2008, 01:29:09 AM »

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for "careless' joke"

November 07, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan this afternoon to apologize for
a joke about her having held "seances" in the White House, an Obama aide said.

"President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan today to apologize for the careless
and off handed remark he made during today's press conference," said transition spokeswoman
Stephanie Cutter. "The President-elect expressed his admiration and affection for Mrs. Reagan
that so many Americans share and they had a warm conversation."

Obama was asked at his press conference today if he'd spoken to all the "living" presidents.

"I have spoken to all of them who are living," he responded. "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan
thing about doing any s?ances."

He was apparently confusing stories about Reagan's consulting with an astrologer with those about
other First Ladies -- from Mary Todd Lincoln to Hillary Clinton -- who tried to make contact with
figures from the past.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1108/Obama_apologizes_to_Nancy_Reagan.html

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Knutey

Re: Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:48:16 AM »
O is certainly a bigger gentleman than I. Nancy did indeed believe in astrology at least and probly seances at worst.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
O is certainly a bigger gentleman than I. Nancy did indeed believe in astrology at least and probably seances at worst.

Hehehehe!
Imagining....
If Obama were not a bigger gentleman than Knutegross ......

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »
At least Obama does not believe in seances. That's a good sign. Astrology has a bad reputation in matters of statecraft: Hitler, Isabel Peron and Lopez Rega, etc.-- all would have done better to have dispensed with it.

It has never ceased to amaze me that people who see contradictory astrology readings in different newspapers for the same day still do not see how this discredits astrology. If the stars are sending conflicting messages, either one or both readings are bad, or the stars are useless for predicting the future of anything other than the apparent movement of the stars.

Nancy did, in fact, hold readings, seances or something of that nature. But Obama was right to apologize: no need to seek controversy on something so silly.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."