Author Topic: Clinton...vs McCain  (Read 1504 times)

Cynthia

Clinton...vs McCain
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:06:42 AM »
Hey,
I couldn't help but come back in to the club for this moment in time..in history.

I had a feeling Clinton would be the front runner.

McCain is my favorite, however.

I pray he wins...but no matter who wins, we must support that person. We are all Americans.

God, I love this country.

be back soon.
Cynthia

yellow_crane

Re: Clinton...vs McCain
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:47 AM »
Hey,
I couldn't help but come back in to the club for this moment in time..in history.

I pray he wins...but no matter who wins, we must support that person. We are all Americans.

be back soon.
Cynthia

IMHO Hillary's emotional moment turned the winds.

Women watching Hillary's emotional moment knew that she was being entirely genuine, and that none of what she did was created for manipulation.  It was one of those rare moments when women all catch each other's eye, and know, in the midst of rambunctious lugs who, wearing their numbers, are clueless.

Most men, oblivious to genuine emotion beyond painting their faces and bellowing in an arena on Sunday, naturally tried to manifest a script sinistra, a bit shaken as always when dealing with women, emotion, and vague, inevitable trouble.

I am no friend to the Clintonistas, but I give the devil her due.

She commandeered her gender by hugging her tree.

terra

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:35:04 AM »
Hey,

be back soon.
Cynthia

IMHO Hillary's emotional moment turned the winds.

Women watching Hillary's emotional moment knew that she was being entirely genuine, and that none of what she did was created for manipulation.  It was one of those rare moments when women all catch each other's eye, and know, in the midst of rambunctious lugs who, wearing their numbers, are clueless.

Most men, oblivious to genuine emotion beyond painting their faces and bellowing in an arena on Sunday, naturally tried to manifest a script sinistra, a bit shaken as always when dealing with women, emotion, and vague, inevitable trouble.

I am no friend to the Clintonistas, but I give the devil her due.

She commandeered her gender by hugging her tree.

I loved all the dems...my biggest problem was who to root for...I chose Obama. But Hillary is wonderful and I would be tickled if she won, as I would if Edward got it, but then I really liked Biden...lol.

I was glad that Hillary got NH. She will be heartened and Obama will have to work harder...

I say Obama-prez, Edwards -VP..and Hillary as Secretary of state.
But wasn't that consession speach that Obama gave a corker? He reminds me of Bobby Kennedy.

Ya gotta watch us tree huggers...we be tricky. : )

terra

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:11:37 AM »
I fear that if McCain is elected, there will be no question that we will have troops in Iraq until 2012 and probably beyond. It will also give more power to unrepentant assholes like Mitch McConnell, who deserve none. McCain is pro-war, pro-Empire, and likely to continue with the ultra-secrecy typical of the Juniorbushies.

None of these are good things, in my opinion. McCain is a far better human being than Juniorbush or Cheney.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:39 PM »
Gosh, I just can't seem to stay away....ha.

I find this year of elections to be unlike any other.

a quickie:

I thought that McCain's need to read the script and mess up from time to time to be endearing and genuine. I like him. I think he is a bit left of right. Either way, I wonder if we will be in Iraq until 2012....no matter who is prez.

Recess is over...back to work.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
Clinton...vs McCain

Let's hope not. Then I'd be forced to piss away my vote on someone who wouldn't have a chance that I like better.

Though with the current crop of prospects, it doesn't seem to matter which ones get nominated, I'm going to end up doing that anyway.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

Erm...

1. Not everyone here is an American.
2. Even those who are have no obligatory duty to support the winner of the election.
3. If your love of this country was based on #1 and #2, then you might need to reconsider. ;)
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
I was tickled to see Chris Matthews' expression when someone said he might have pissed off enough women to make them vote for her.  He just haaaates the Clintons and  it shows. 
I'm happy with any of them. 
Dems only have to pick one of several good ones.
Repubs have to pick the less crazy one. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
Repubs have to pick the less crazy one. 

Why would the Republicans pick a Democrat?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »

Dems only have to pick one of several good ones.

That's a joke, right?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
That's a joke, right?

=================
No doubt it seems that way to you.

But Hillary, Edwards, Obama, and Kucinich are all in agreement about the war (it should end as soon as possible and the troops should come home, medical care (there should be a much more universal availability to it), taxes (the wealthy should pay a higher rate than the middle class and the poor), and many other topics.

The Republicans are sort of the walking politically wounded.
Giulani has just one song, (9-11) in his repetoire.
Romney has a record of flip-flopping and belongs to a church that is seen as a wacky cult by many.
McCain is only slightly younger than God, and him being elected will prety much guarantee a longer stay in Iraq.
Huckabee's a preacher and has some weird ideas about taxes that will never be passed.
Paul takes money from individuals who wear they bedlinens proudly, and also has  myriad unworkable plans to shrink tthe government in ways that very few want it shrunk.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

Erm...

1. Not everyone here is an American.
2. Even those who are have no obligatory duty to support the winner of the election.
3. If your love of this country was based on #1 and #2, then you might need to reconsider. ;)

LOL...true, JS...I guess I didn't necessarily mean folks on this board. I am aware some call Canada-HomE.

My Love for America is unconditional most of the time....nah...pretty much all of the time.