Author Topic: Iraq in freefall  (Read 453 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Iraq in freefall
« on: June 13, 2014, 10:32:23 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/world/meast/iraq-violence/

Those who have sewn the wind are about to reap the whirlwind.

Unfortunately the whirlwind will pick up innocent bystanders just as often as any who richly deserve what they are about to get.

I wonder how this looks in Moscow? Do they have a plan for dealing with a gigantic Terrorstan just to their south? I know they will not be blaming their own policies in Syria , they will still have a friend in Assad , but this will be an ineffectual buddy too preoccupied with staying alive and keeping the little rag of his territory that he still has to be much help.

How does this look in Tehran? This is not just a new Sunni empire , it is a very sore and angry Sunni empire, already starting to pile Shiite skulls and encroach on Shiite holy sites. I suppose that they can supply the Maliki government and troops as well as they ever supplied the Jaish al-Mahdi to bomb Americans.

What is the view from Kirkuk?  Will there finally be a Kurdistan? How secure shall this territory be as a buffer state between Russia, angry Sunnis and angry Shiites?  How delightful for the Turks. The wise Kurds will want an alliance with the second most powerful force in the region , unfortunately which power this is isn't clear, and the stupid Kurds will want an alliance with the most powerful force in the region so there could be a little Kurd killing Kurd sort of action happening during the argument.

In Damascus the evacuation of chemical weapons is going to stop and the improvisation of chemical weapons will continue apace, after all there are now hordes of potential Sunni infiltrators and attackers.

I am dismayed , but opportunities lost remain lost.

What does it matter at this point?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Iraq in freefall
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
You are right about this being a major problem.

I am opposed to the US sending troops to either Syria or Iraq in order to stabilize the situation, because then we would be obliged to remain and maintain the stability. Iraqis have to solve Iraqi conflicts, even itf it involves Iraq becoming two or three countries.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
How about aircraft , drones ,artillery and money?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »
Iraq and Syria will partitioned...maybe Libya too.

I know I posted this would happen years ago with Iraq,
but I have yet been able to find my old post via the "Search" function.

It won't "solve" the problem, but may improve it some.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987