Author Topic: As Newt Said Repuds eat there own babies.  (Read 8840 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: As Newt Said Repuds eat there own babies.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
But I have to wonder...if they don't care if they're taken seriously, why do they bother posting?  What do they get out of it?

Same thing as the schoolyard bully.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
You are obviously the real coward hiding behind arrogance & lies like an adolescent.

And you're so brave because you don't hide behind a false identity online.

Oh, wait...

With all due respect, Ami. I thought you didn't want Knutey to post to you anymore.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »
Plane, what I find interesting is that the people who display the most anger and vehemence in their posts are the ones who tend to bastardize the name of their target; i.e., "McInsane, repuds, Bushidiots".....I don't know about you, but when these terms are used, they immediately destroy the author's credibility - at least in my eyes - and I'm far less inclined to take the time to read their posts or consider whatever point they were trying to get across.  Now, I'm aware that my opinion most likely doesn't carry much weight, especially with this particular type of poster.  I have to wonder, though...do they believe that their wordplay is a demonstration that they have superior insight of some kind?  Do they hope that others will think they've coined the term, or that they are being original and demonstrating a sophisticated wit?.....I'm no different here than I am in real life, and I believe that the other members here whose opinions I respect (even if I don't agree with them) are the same.  It's obvious that the members who enjoy wielding their vitriolic pen don't care one way or the other how they are perceived by others.  But I have to wonder...if they don't care if they're taken seriously, why do they bother posting? 

WELL SAID, Miss De.    *golf clap*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
But I have to wonder...if they don't care if they're taken seriously, why do they bother posting?  What do they get out of it?

Same thing as the schoolyard bully.

You are surely referring to yourself.

Knutey

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
You are obviously the real coward hiding behind arrogance & lies like an adolescent.

Oh, wait...

With all due respect, Ami. I thought you didn't want Knutey to post to you anymore.

She just cant resist me I am afraid.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 11:42:04 PM »
This is a worthless discussion.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »

Oh, wait...

She just cant resist me I am afraid.

Knute.....

Get real....don't play this game anymore.

Ami is a good man.

....get back to the discussion...please.

You can be a pain the arsss, Knute and you know it.

But, I was wondering why Ami bothers with you, quite frankly.
He's above all that BS ...with all due respect...you are not.

Cindy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:21:08 AM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 04:30:19 AM »
I think that the most generous posters give us their best thinking and I don't need to know that they are an actual authority if I can understand the thought. I like the idea of annonomous brainstorming to release the furtherest reach of imagination and deepest well of wisdom alike with no reprocussions to those who might be prominent or lowly or vunerable. I like this notion that I am willing to put up with a few who releive themselves of the same sort of thing here that they do in public rest rooms .

Plane, what I find interesting is that the people who display the most anger and vehemence in their posts are the ones who tend to bastardize the name of their target; i.e., "McInsane, repuds, Bushidiots" ... the list is endless and the trait is employed equally, regardless of political affiliation.

I don't know about you, but when these terms are used, they immediately destroy the author's credibility - at least in my eyes - and I'm far less inclined to take the time to read their posts or consider whatever point they were trying to get across.  Now, I'm aware that my opinion most likely doesn't carry much weight, especially with this particular type of poster.  I have to wonder, though...do they believe that their wordplay is a demonstration that they have superior insight of some kind?  Do they hope that others will think they've coined the term, or that they are being original and demonstrating a sophisticated wit?

As far as I'm concerned, people post on forums for two reasons.  Either they have a genuine desire to express their opinions in a way that invites discussion, or they fit in with your example of restroom wall philosophers...they are more interested in affecting others adversely than they are in effecting change positively.

I'm no different here than I am in real life, and I believe that the other members here whose opinions I respect (even if I don't agree with them) are the same.  It's obvious that the members who enjoy wielding their vitriolic pen don't care one way or the other how they are perceived by others.  But I have to wonder...if they don't care if they're taken seriously, why do they bother posting?  What do they get out of it?  It seems to be a counter-productive waste of time. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything about this; I really am curious as to what drives the behavior.

Hmmmm....

I shall try to use discretion with psudo clever application of OB- OBA- and OBAM- prefixes.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »

I asked nicely, several times. And she refused, with her typical foaming at the mouth verbal abuse.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »
You are surely referring to yourself.

Missus De was referring to those who use terms like "McInsane, repuds, Bushidiots" - that's who I was referring to as well. Simple reading comprehension will achieve that information.