Author Topic: Is Neoconservatism dead?  (Read 2253 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is Neoconservatism dead?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
If you did this because you think Jesus is coming soon and would like to have the Third Temple built so the End of the World as portrayed in Revelations, then you are a religious nut neocon.

It should be noted that this is only one interpretation of The Apocolypse of John. That particular interpretation (known as premillennialism and dispensationalism) only came to exist in the late 19th century and was moderately popular within some Protestant circles. It was really much later with Hal Lindsey (1973), Tim LeHaye, and Jerry Jenkins (1995) that this notion of "rapture" became a popular interpretation of Christian eschatology.

It is by no means the absolute final say on The Apocolypse of John and is in fact a relatively new interpretation.

More than that, the notion that God's hand in history can be forced by defending Israel in everything that they do (or defending them at all) is ludicrous.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »
"More than that, the notion that God's hand in history can be forced by defending Israel in everything that they do (or defending them at all) is ludicrous. "

I concur, and many evangelicals agree as well, but support for Isreal, in general, is Biblical mandated. To think otherwise is not Scriptural.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
If you did this because you think Jesus is coming soon and would like to have the Third Temple built so the End of the World as portrayed in Revelations, then you are a religious nut neocon.

It should be noted that this is only one interpretation of The Apocolypse of John. That particular interpretation (known as premillennialism and dispensationalism) only came to exist in the late 19th century and was moderately popular within some Protestant circles. It was really much later with Hal Lindsey (1973), Tim LeHaye, and Jerry Jenkins (1995) that this notion of "rapture" became a popular interpretation of Christian eschatology.

It is by no means the absolute final say on The Apocolypse of John and is in fact a relatively new interpretation.

More than that, the notion that God's hand in history can be forced by defending Israel in everything that they do (or defending them at all) is ludicrous.
So true. Te world "rapture" is not in the Bible. And I do not know whcih interpretation is correct. I have heard teaching on several and they can all be substantiated by Scripture.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D