Author Topic: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?  (Read 6348 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »
It seems likely that Cain asked one of his advisers for a "bold tax plan", and they simply lifted it from Sim City.

Probably not the best way to run a country, unless we are threatened by cartoon gorillas and in need of rescue by cartoon plumbers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/herman-cain-999-sim-city_n_1008952.html
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
This is hilarious.  At first, I thought, "This is it for Cain," but then maybe not.  His followers are so dumb they will probably think the guy is a genius for stealing plans from Sim City and not from Mario Brothers.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
I must omit that Sim City is a better place to steal a tax plan from. I don't think there are taxes in the land of Donkey Kong. There do not seem to be any donkeys, either.

The similarities are too close for there not to be some connection. It seems to me that Cain is simply on some sort of macho ego trip, and is a lot better at speaking than thinking. He is a blowhard, but a lot of people like that. If not for blowhards, Trinity Broadcasting Corp. (The preacher network) would have to close four of five channels at least.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »
Isn't it funny how XO insisted that Herman Cain would never get the nomination to now posting attack pieces against him? Oh how the winds change. Look how fast he is backpeddling.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »
How is pointing out that this blowhard stole his key plan from a video game backpeddling?

Cain will not get the nomination because he is a fool. This is simply more proof that he is, in fact a fool, a blowhard and a crackpot.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
Isn't it funny how XO insisted that Herman Cain would never get the nomination to now posting attack pieces against him? Oh how the winds change. Look how fast he is backpeddling.

XO is a racist

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
Posting false attack pieces against the man is backpeddling and shows that you now take him seriously. Why else would you waste the time to post something against somebody who doesn't have a chance? You have also backpeddled in other threads, that Sirs has humorously pointed out.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »
This is not any sort of false. I do not take Cain seriously, but some of you yokels do.

What do you do when Fido poops in the carpet? You rub his nose in it.

Now shut the eff up and wipe off your nose.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
This is not any sort of false.

Prove it.

I highly doubt that Cain is sitting around playing Sim City, like you are.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
Amanda Terkel. Is she related to Studs Terkel.

One would think she would have harder proof that speculation and similarity before going to press with her couched accusation.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
I do not take Cain seriously, but some of you yokels do.

I'm sure plane will love that you are calling him a yokel.

I used to think Cain was a longshot, but I don't anymore. He now leads Obama.

He actually may be our strongest candidate. If he can get 30% of the black vote, Obama cannot win under any scenario.

Passage of his 9 9 9 plan will depend upon if he can get a majority of the vote when he is elected. Then he will have a mandate.

You obviously are taking Cain seriously because that is all you talk about. You are constantly backpeddling. And you posting this attack piece, which is obviously just a coincidence, further demonstrates that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
<<One would think she would have harder proof that speculation and similarity before going to press with her couched accusation. >>

Gimme a break.  The similarity was proof enough.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
I do not take Cain seriously, but some of you yokels do.

I'm sure plane will love that you are calling him a yokel.
I am mostly a Cracker, but there is a bit of Yokel from my mothers side and also a bit of Hic on my Dads.

I am also distantly related to the Rubes.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
I don't play Sim City. I have nothing against playing Sim City.
I am retired, which is what Herman Cain should be. I figure that by this time next year, he will be retired, or perhaps pursuing a second culinary career.

I don't think Cain plays Sim City, either. He is an extrovert, and craves attention from others. He is competitive, and wants to beat others. Videogames like Sim City tend to attract introverts.

I believe that we shall find that he asked his advisers for a "bold plan", and his advisers. not being economists and wishing to look like they were thinking "outside the box", looted this 999 idea from Sim City.

I think that it is interesting news when anyone who seeks to run a country takes an idea for a tax plan from a video game. If a candidate running for president of Albania, Estonia, or Uzbekistan did this, I imagine that it would end up in the news. It is like a man who bites a dog: a topic of interest that will attract readers.

It has nothing to do with what I think of Cain's likelihood of being elected. I imagine that looting a tax proposal from Sim City will not win him widespread acclaim for his profound intelligence, though. I still think that the nomination is Romney's to lose. Huntsman would be a better president, but he seems unlikely to get the nomination.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
   The wrong question is being asked.."Did Herman Cain plagerise the Sim city tax plan?" is the wrong question , I don't care if he did but I don't think a total coincidence is unlikly at all. No proof will be thefre either way.

So here is the right question... "In simulation did the 9-9-9 tax program prove workable?"