Author Topic: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?  (Read 6348 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Did Cain's 999 Plan actually come from a Sim City videogame?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »
So here is the right question... "In simulation did the 9-9-9 tax program prove workable?"

=============================================
Being as Sim City is a city and not a country, and many other details are different from this country at this time in the state that it is in, the answer to the question is irrelevant to its possible functionality in real life.

In Sim City, I hear there is some clever cheat to avoid all taxes completely, and that would make this even less relevant a question.

Much of Europe uses a value added tax, which is similar to Cain's sales tax, but there are other taxes that serve to make the playing field much more equal in most countries than in the US. Only Portugal, in all of the EC, is less egalitarian than the US with regard to wealth and incomes.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »
It's interesting that you would debate this but you cannot name any Obama accomplishment. That doesn't look good for the chances of your guy being reelected. You can't even think of one accomplishment.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »
I can think of many, but I am refuse to debate you twerps. You know nothing and are just stupid lumpenproletarians. I might as well debate my cat.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
And yet you are trying to debate Sim City, a game none of us have heard of. The truth is that you cannot name any accomplishments otherwise you would.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:28:06 PM »
I can think of many, but I am refuse to debate you twerps. You know nothing and are just stupid lumpenproletarians. I might as well debate my cat.

Here's where you are completely disingenuous Xo.  You "claim" you won't provide any response to the serious question posed about listing even 1 Obama accomplishment, because you wrongly believe a response would illicit a bunch of name calling and irrelevant snarking.  YET, you relatively respond with precisely that, regardless the thread, when someone dares to disagree with your opinion.

So, you either
- have no response, contrary to your claim of "I can think of many"
or
-

hmmmm, can't think of any other, since you're going to respond with insults anyways, why wouldn't you provide even one from your claim of "many".  That's a far more substantive debate question, in this a political debate forum, than talking about the pros and cons of playing Sim City.  I guess your cat plays Sim City better than you do, apparently
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
I gotta say that this thread has taken on the qualities of the surreal where a possible Presidential candidate whose brain-power is probably on the level of the average house-plant has actually lifted his national tax plan from a computer game that simulates an absurdist city (in which alien abductions and similar events are taking place as we speak) and the guy who exposes the fraud is then subjected to a barrage of questions as to how the stolen tax plan is actually working out in the simulated city.

I think Cain and his supporters should simply abandon the real world for cyber-space, move to Sim City and debate the merits of "his" tax plan in real time there, where he'll probably be sued for plagiarism if the zombie invaders haven't already eaten the court by the time Cain and his followers get there.

In the meantime, anyone interested in preserving his sanity should abandon this thread immediately.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
I gotta say that this thread has taken on the qualities of the surreal where a possible Presidential candidate whose brain-power is probably on the level of the average house-plant has actually lifted his national tax plan from a computer game that simulates an absurdist city (in which alien abductions and similar events are taking place as we speak) and the guy who exposes the fraud is then subjected to a barrage of questions as to how the stolen tax plan is actually working out in the simulated city.

I think Cain and his supporters should simply abandon the real world for cyber-space, move to Sim City and debate the merits of "his" tax plan in real time there, where he'll probably be sued for plagiarism if the zombie invaders haven't already eaten the court by the time Cain and his followers get there.

In the meantime, anyone interested in preserving his sanity should abandon this thread immediately.

The surreality is the assumption that a presidential candidate who has a degree in mathematics and a masters in computer science is labeled dumber than a house plant. That has got to be one of the dumbest posts written on this forum.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »
Cain is probably smarter than most begonias. Maybe he is as clever as a Venus flytrap. But we are not electing a floral arrangement here. Cain did not dream up this 999 Plan, it was presented to him by some adviser, and he did not bother to cost it out. Now Cain has put his foot in it again, saying that the border fence should be electrified, so that sneaking into the country can be a capital offense. When criticized for this, Cain said he was just "joking" about the electric fence. A day later, he is back to defending the idea.

But we do not need a president who is in the habit of provoking arguments by saying really stupid things and then saying it was all a big joke Note that after Nixon said, "I am not a crook", he accomplished nothing useful for the country. Joking about electrocuting people is not something a president should do.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
No we aren't electing a floral arrangement. But what intrigues me is why is it always the easy way out to just label someone you disagree with as dumb. Cain was a product of the Atlanta School System, a graduate of Morehouse College which at that time was one of the premier black colleges, then he went on to Purdue.

He was given major responsibilities, when he worked for the Department of the Navy, and brought back both Burger King and Godfathers Pizza from the brink. Hardly the resume of a dumbass.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 02:39:36 PM »
He rescued the a holding company owning 400 Burger King franchises, not the entire BK operation. If Godfather's Pizza is still in business, I have seen no evidence of this in Miami, where Papa Johns, Dominos, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars have nearly all the chain stores.

Being able to sell pizzas does not qualify a person to run this country. Cain is always sounding off like he got the truth straight from God, like some TBS preacher. He makes stupid statements and then waffles about what he really meant. He often looks like a fool, and that is certainly what this country needs.

Ross Perot was some sort of business genius as well. But he sounded like some dumb hillbilly, he had a voice like a strangled chicken, and he seemed to have a lot of paranoid fantasies about how "They" were about to get him and sabotage his daughter's wedding.

He started out with the media mentioning that he really might have a chance of winning, but by election day, he was down to 19%, because people realized that they really did not want to hear some diminutive  twerp from Texarkana spouting conspiracies at them in his angry chicken voice for the next four years.

Cain does not have Ross Perot's money, and it seems likely to me that he will fade sooner than Perot did.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
Being able to sell pizzas does not qualify a person to run this country.

He didn't sell pizza's silly. He managed a corporate division, which alone gives him more executive experience than Obama had when he ran for office.

Every speaker has a cadence. Obama too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
Every speaker has a cadence. Obama too.

=======================================
This is true. But Cain's cadence is that of some Baptist preacher and Obama sounds more like that of a thoughtful professor.

The fact is that Godfather's Pizza had as its goal, the selling of pizzas. Had no pizzas been sold, Cain would have been thrown out of the job of the company would have floundered and failed.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
If I  had ever heard Cain discussing mathematics or computer science, I might not have formed the opinion of his intelligence that I did.  But I heard him discuss only political and related matters, and on the basis of what I have heard from him so far, I will have to stand by my first assessment.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »
The fact is that Godfather's Pizza had as its goal, the selling of pizzas.

No it had as its goal the turning of a profit. If Cain made more money by selling less pizza, perhaps by upscaling the recipe to gourmet boutique flavors, he would have been just as successful.

You problem with preachers cadence has little to do with Cain's intelligence.

Obama seems lost without his teleprompter, does that make him a dumbass?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
If I  had ever heard Cain discussing mathematics or computer science, I might not have formed the opinion of his intelligence that I did.  But I heard him discuss only political and related matters, and on the basis of what I have heard from him so far, I will have to stand by my first assessment.

I see. Your ignorance of Cain's bio makes him the dumbass. That's pretty dumb.