Author Topic: A question for the lawyers  (Read 734 times)

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A question for the lawyers
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »
It's a rhetorical question, no doubt, but still...read this article and then answer if you can:

Is Death Row Inmate Too Fat To Die?:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=5513141

So - can anyone explain to me why convicted murderers who are awaiting execution are allowed to file these kinds of lawsuits?  They are obviously abusing the system by attempting to delay the inevitable.  Taxpayers bear the burden of the costs, public defenders with huge caseloads are spending time they don't have on these cases, and the families of the victims are left in limbo, waiting for the day when they can finally know that their horrible ordeal is over and done with.

The arrogance of the inmate filing this lawsuit just amazes me.  His lawyer said, "All of the experts agree if the first drug doesn't work, the execution is going to be excruciating."

This guy is so self-centered...I wonder how much time he spent worrying about the two girls he raped and murdered, and whether or not their deaths were excruciating.  Of course, in his head, they enjoyed the sex, and anything else that happened was just an accident.  Probably their fault, anyway.  They were asking for it...right?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A question for the lawyers
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:07 PM »
He has hope in the capricious and stupid that shows up in jurisprudence now and then.

From his point of view , he may as well roll these dice.

From my point of view I would think it fair to roll him off a cliff , it would certainly not hurt very long,

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »
normallty I would defends these folks but my curiosity is too much to try.
why can`t they use the cocktail heath leger uses?
I got the very strong impression heath didn`t suffer.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »
Why can't they just shoot him in the back of the head?  That should always be an option anyway - - if the condemned man or woman doesn't like the proposed means of execution, they can always opt for the bullet in the back of the head.  But I guess it would take a change in the statute law.