Author Topic: Can you make these out?  (Read 2256 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Can you make these out?
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:06:12 AM »
I took these photos and I"m curious if they look like anything on other folks' computer.

Plane?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Can you make these out?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:09:05 AM »
I see the moon.  Is their some conspiracy behind this?  Did the government secretly place the Moon in the wrong position?  Must be Bush's fault       ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »
No evidence of that YET.  IF you have some, please let us know. 

I was actually just seeing if my camera would let me focus enough to get a good shot of the moon.  I was surprised.  I had to do it manually of course, but they look pretty good.  There were clouds in front of the moon but that just made it hazier rather than showing the clouds.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:12:21 AM »
Looks like a half moon to me ..

Spaceweather.com

http://moonsighting.com/

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:14:18 AM »

Naaa, that's your dept, big guy

I was actually just seeing if my camera would let me focus enough to get a good shot of the moon.  I was surprised.  I had to do it manually of course, but they look pretty good.  There were clouds in front of the moon but that just made it hazier rather than showing the clouds.

They came out excellent, IMHO.  Did you use a tripod?  What was your shutter speed?  Do I stil sound like some guy that "hates you"?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 02:26:41 AM »

Naaa, that's your dept, big guy

I was actually just seeing if my camera would let me focus enough to get a good shot of the moon.  I was surprised.  I had to do it manually of course, but they look pretty good.  There were clouds in front of the moon but that just made it hazier rather than showing the clouds.

They came out excellent, IMHO.  Did you use a tripod?  What was your shutter speed?  Do I stil sound like some guy that "hates you"?

I did not use a tripod.  I just aimed, focused and held my breath while I clicked.  I have no idea what the shutter speed was.  I'm just a writer/director who owns a camera.  That technical stuff is someone else's job for now.

I applied that snide voice that I ahve for you to your questions about the camera, so yeah.  Old habits and all that, you know?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 02:30:33 AM »
I took this one yesterday but didn't manually focus.  The sun hadn't gone down completely either.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 02:40:42 AM »
Beautiful Universe 2007 Photo Contest Winners

http://skytonight.com/news/4558646.html

Want to try  next year?

The competition is tough.

When we announced the Beautiful Universe 2007 Edition photo contest, we hoped that the amateur astrophotography community would respond by sending in the absolute best pictures available. You certainly didn't disappoint. Out of the hundreds of entries sent to Sky & Telescope, the following nine pages represent the best of the best. Click through to see the first-, second-, and third-place winners in each of our nine categories — as well as each of the Readers' Choice Award winners.