Author Topic: USA Makes Adoption Harder  (Read 1919 times)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USA Makes Adoption Harder
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »
I really thought there might be a concensus on this one. I should have known better.

$5000 is actually pretty cheap. I have a friend who paid twice that and went to the Ukraine, and stayed for two weeks on his own dime to adopt a baby. I would suggest that numbers like that attract people who really want a child and can afford one.

So tell me, Why can't I sell my kidney?

As you know, we recently, four months ago, adopted a little girl from Ethiopia. We had also looked into Guatemala. Guatemala was about $30-40K per child becuase it is accomplished via private attroneys and the government doesn't oversee it very well. Recently, due to a series of high-profile cases, the government was forced to intervene.

We spent $15K for our little girl, including airfare. In Ethiopia, the government oversees the process pretty well and so you hear of few problems. China also oversees the process pretty well.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Rich

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »
Sure, how much you got?

fatman

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »
As you know, we recently, four months ago, adopted a little girl from Ethiopia. We had also looked into Guatemala. Guatemala was about $30-40K per child becuase it is accomplished via private attroneys and the government doesn't oversee it very well. Recently, due to a series of high-profile cases, the government was forced to intervene.

We spent $15K for our little girl, including airfare. In Ethiopia, the government oversees the process pretty well and so you hear of few problems. China also oversees the process pretty well.

That's news to me Professor.  Congratulations

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 09:58:15 AM »

=======================================
I would imagine that for fifteen grand, one should be entitled to first-class oversight and paper-pushing.

In Mudovia, I was thinking they could sell the cute little tykes for maybe $3,000 and still make a profit.

But this way, you get to support a while tribe of lawyers, it would appear.

I don't deny that people have a right to spend their money any way they wish, but this is exploitation.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."