Author Topic: War with drones.  (Read 1004 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
War with drones.
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/you-fly-over-foreign-lands-maybe-kill-people-then-drive-home-for-dinner/ar-BBgIhpl

An ability to compartmentalize , might be very useful.

A habit of denial might build up into a problem.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: War with drones.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
that`s not really a ability that`s easily taught and she did respond by saying the instructors overdid that part of it. this is really a newthing in American culture, dealing with the effects of wars. remember in the recent  past her behavior would called a sign of weakness to the point of being treason.

I really think all this support we have for ptsd is a result of that one general who publicly stated the military has been in severe denial about mental health.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
The fact that she does not wish to reveal her name sort of suggests that she has doubts about whether she is protecting this country or just doing something less moral, like helping Big Oil to make more profits, or make foreign resources cheaper to American corporations that buy raw materials or peddle US products abroad.

The military likes to claim that it is always the good guys. But that has not always been true. Nor was it true that anything anyone did in Vietnam protected the freedoms of Americans here in the US. A lot of Americans were less free because of that useless war.   
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
war is a subject I believe something I have no control . I`ll say it`s bad but more for my sake than others in at least I made an effort. my time in this country I`ve enjoyed a very long war free period and now for over a decade it`s time to growup to the realities of the rest of the world. I hope we`ll see another period of prolonged period of peace again.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
  That is a very worthy wish.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »
No war means fewer jobs assembling weapons, and fewer promotions in the military.  This country has depended on something like constant war since 1950.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
I don`t care if I sound nieve about this but it seems to me the u.s, did a darn good job without war . the sad positive I see is it made the military admit ptsd is a real problem. it`s pretty hard to ignore that many suicides that`s been going on. recently I think a general was passing out bibles to soldier thinking of suicides and got in trouble for it. I give him A for effort but D for method. since he`s likely unaware certain aspect of Christianity is actually extremely cruel to the depressed . it`s the very reason I think of a christian suicide hotline as a oxymoron

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 01:50:37 PM »
The Bible does not have much to say about suicide. I suppose it could comfort the odd soldier, but it certainly is not the best book for the purpose.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »
No war means fewer jobs assembling weapons, and fewer promotions in the military.  This country has depended on something like constant war since 1950.

Quite the contrary.

All that preparation and training is the means to strength, plenty of strength is the best means to prevent war.

Having evident weakness , invites war in.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »
the bible doesn`t but quite afew people who read it tend to very quickly say you`ll go the hell if you do and think that guilt will do the job. I`m not saying more guilt does not stop suicides but I question it`s the most effective way to do it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:33 AM »
As a rule, the Christian church has always been against suicide. There are so many people that get all het up in Church by how this worlds is full of sin and evil that they might decide to off themselves and avoid the wait to see Jeezus. You cannot maintain a decent church if all the parishioners kill themselves. Even if every one of them got to be with Jeezus immediately, the rest of the world would never know and attendance would drop of immediately, with no one to feed the preacher.

There have been a lot of suicide cults throughout history, but it never works out that they can stay in business for long.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
that`s new
never heard of Christians wanting to do that. but just before y2k a group did try to start a war in jeruselum. but got arrested pretty quickly since their not the group trying to bring armagedon sooner.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
There have been a number of Christian suicide cults, but of course, they have been rejected as unchristian by all the established churches.

http://brainz.org/10-most-notorious-suicide-cults-history/

Jonestown was the most famous recent Christian suicidal cult. The Branch Davidians sort of came in second.