Author Topic: Obama & Friends: Judge Not?  (Read 2185 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama & Friends: Judge Not?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
What exactly is it that McCain has accomplished?  He got shot down and held prisoner for four years. Then he came back to the US ditched his maimed wife, married an heiress and got elected to the House and Senate, where he has not particularly distinguish himself. He is as much of a user, starting with his family ties getting into Annapolis, to his tales of suffering in Vietnam and his rich trophy wife. I'd say that Obama drew a lot more on his talent than McCain ever did. A Juris Doctorate degree and the position of editor of the Harvard Law Review is a MAJOR accomplishment, at least as difficult as graduating at the head of one's class at a service academy, which we know, McCain failed to do.

I don't think that Obama's supporters are going to have to say that McCain stole the election, because it looks like Obama's going to WIN.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »
<<[Obama] is a perfect example of a user; he's gotten where he is today because of his associations with people and organizations, not because of anything he's accomplished.

McCain, a moron who ultimately graduated fifth last in a class of 800 at Annapolis, probably didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting into it in the first place, if he weren't the son and grandson of U.S. admirals in the U.S. Navy.  How's THAT for capitalizing on his "associations with people and organizations?"  Daddy, Grampa and the U.S. Navy.

Now by contrast, Obama as we know came from very humble and obscure origins.  Who exactly did he "use" to get where he is today?  Did he relate to admirals in his direct line of descent?  Did he have any connections to the U.S. Navy or an organization of comparable clout?  Pleeeze, don't make me laugh.

Which "connections" did he use to get into Columbia?  Which "connections" got him into Harvard Law?  Which "connections" got him the editorship of the Harvard Law Review, the most sought-after law-school editorship in the entire country and the subject of the fiercest possible competition?  Which connections earned him his magna cum laude from Harvard Law?

The idea that McCain earned his own way forward while Obama relied on "connections" is a window into the totally fantasy-based, ignorant and uninformed world of the American right wing, and, quite frankly, it is frightening.  Frightening to think that such ignorance has its own candidates in McSame and Barbie and that they even still stand a chance of winning.  God help the U.S.A. if these people's candidates are elected.

richpo64

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 10:36:46 PM »
>>They're willing to overlook and ignore anything negative for fear they might lose another election.  It's a shame that they didn't pick Hillary instead.<<

I voted for Hillary! I have to say, Hillary would have at least been willing to defend her country. Well, maybe.

>>And it goes without saying that if McCain wins, we'll be inundated with cries of "Fraud! They stole the election!"<<

Of course it does. Of course Acorn is just registering voters.  ::)

Seriously, it's nice to see you, and even nicer to have a conversation with you. I hope your health is doing well and your family's is the same.