Author Topic: McCain  (Read 1519 times)

Cynthia

McCain
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »
Listening to Fred Thompson's introduction to John McCain, I have to admit, I feel my Republican roots. I have to say that values of church and birth of babies who do not deserve to die, I lean towards McCain. Bush was not the best conservative that I have ever seen, but I have a certain hope for John McCain's candidacy.

I am such a softie when it comes to the vietnam vet.

He's a survivor. Look at his mother. She is in her 90's. My god it's in their blood. Good for them.

I really do like Palin.

SO, hell, I am probably going to get burned by XO and others on this one, but I am not so in favor of Obama and Biden as I was once.

Storytellers are a dime a dozen, but I have to admit that I remember the Reagan years. Those were good years.

Can we survive Bush's waste and stupidity?

I think maybe. I have to stand on my highest premise.....human life. vs abortion. Numbero uno.

NOt such a hard call. There are certain values that I must align myself with.

I like John McCain.

I really like his VP choice. I think she is a winner.

My family has always supported the Rep. side. National defense and all of that.

AS an educator, I have such a tough decision, and I have not been happy with the NCLB act for the very reasons I have posted, but if McCain can address these issues with clarity and respect for educators, which I believe he just might be able to do, then he isn't such a bad candidate afterall...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:43:18 PM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McCain
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
Listening to Fred Thompson's introduction to John McCain, I have to admit, I feel my Republican roots. I have to say that values of church and birth of babies who do not deserve to die, I lean towards McCain. Bush was not the best conservative that I have ever seen, but I have a certain hope for John McCain's candidacy.

I am such a softie when it comes to the vietnam vet.

He's a survivor. Look at his mother. She is in her 90's. My god it's in their blood. Good for them.

I really do like Palin.

SO, hell, I am probably going to get burned by XO and others on this one, but I am not so in favor of Obama and Biden as I was once.

Storytellers are a dime a dozen, but I have to admit that I remember the Reagan years. Those were good years.

Can we survive Bush's waste and stupidity?

I think maybe. I have to stand on my highest premise.....human life. vs abortion. Numbero uno.

What a hard call.

Any decision you make will make someone happy.

Go ahead and make the decision that is the answer to your best thinking.

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
Plane, I come from a staunch Republican family.

I have tried like hell to decide what is right for all.

My job doesn't make it easy to be a conservative. I work for the public school system....33 years now.

Bush put us into a wasteful war...I still maintain that big time...and always will...

NCLB was Kennedy's baby, but Bush didn't seem to have the intelligence to run this nation, imo.

I like McCain. I know my family does not. That's interesting, indeed.

But, by damn I like his ground. I would walk on that ground, with all due respect to the severe right.

I believe that women need to be recognized as a total element..and Palin shines in that way, as well.

After reading more about the NCLB and how McCain plans to see the light, I have made my decision.

I am a McCain supporter. I stand by that full force and will truth. I don['t give a damn what you all think about my need for a healthy and down and dirty discussion. I needed to know the truth for children, bottom line.

Don't get me wrong, I continue to feel that Bush was a horrid Rep. president....He is going to have to be accountable for death and waste, imo...and for a weak insight into the various systems that held center court all these 8 years.

Cindy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:53:01 PM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »

My job doesn't make it easy to be a conservative. I work for the public school system....33 years now.

Bush put us into a wasteful war...I still maintain that big time...and always will...

NCLB was Kennedy's baby, but Bush didn't seem to have the intelligence to run this nation, imo.

But, by damn I like his ground. I would walk on that ground, with all due respect to the severe right.

I believe that women need to be recognized as a total element..and Palin shines in that way, as well.

After reading more about the NCLB and how McCain plans to see the light, I have made my decision.

I am a McCain supporter. I stand by that full force and will truth. I don['t give a damn what you all think about my need for a healthy and down and dirty discussion. I needed to know the truth for children, bottom line.

Cindy

Makes me happy!

I have liked McCain for a long time , but I appreaciate your struggle to give fair hearing to both sides ,your vote is a duty and an obligation that you discharge with due thought , you have done the dilligence , you are a good example.

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »

Cindy

Makes me happy!

I have liked McCain for a long time , but I appreaciate your struggle to give fair hearing to both sides ,your vote is a duty and an obligation that you discharge with due thought , you have done the dilligence , you are a good example.

You know, quite frankly, I can not see how anyone can simply vote for one person and shut the door.

I will maintain that Bush was an idiot, Plane...so don't go there with me. ha@!

I like the new Republican face. McCain was always a bit left to begin with.

I understand that he is willing to meet the challenges with more informative response. It's not easy to make a choice when liviing in a world such as I do.

I am a free thinker, and I do not "side with" the likes of Sirs, and other bashers of the "right". I continue to side with Xavier on education, but I have to go with my values on this one.

later,

Off to bed and on to teaching.

What a  great country this is.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:27:11 AM »
"The likes of"?  Boy, oh boy.   ::)  Yet, no matter how many times you wish to demean me, I will continue to respect your POV and you as a person.  You're going to have to go off on me like knute-skull, for that to change, I'm afraid
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »
Cindy,

Go with your heart.  Vote how you feel is right.

W was very pro-life/anti-choice and he's done right by you on that front the whole.  McCain will be just like him.  You can't lose.

Four years ago, I was disgusted with the Dems and so I voted my heart.  I wrote in Howard Dean.  Vote your heart.

Brassmask

Cynthia

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
Cindy,

Go with your heart.  Vote how you feel is right.

W was very pro-life/anti-choice and he's done right by you on that front the whole.  McCain will be just like him.  You can't lose.

Four years ago, I was disgusted with the Dems and so I voted my heart.  I wrote in Howard Dean.  Vote your heart.

Brassmask

Thanks Brassie, I will

My heart is leaning towards McCain this time around because of what we are hearing about teh NCLB act at the local level. Granted this is local, but Bush screwed us all over so badly that I just can't imagine having another leader like him again. Just this morning in a meeting on AYP and testing, we were reminded that things are looking better already. I believe that McCain will support the kind of subtle changes needed for the 'act'. My pro life issues are at the top of the list, and I just can't vote for Obama. I just can't.   I like Palin a lot. IN fact, I think from what I have heard about her, that she would make a great leader someday. Those minor issues tip the scales for me. THe NCLB act was the only real reason why I wanted to see a Dem. in office.
Yes, voting my heart has nothing to do with what others think about me here on the board. I have never made a decision based on the likes of some around here. . . . ;)

McCain is a republican,but he is not Bush. He has selected a strong woman as VP. I am sold on his team.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
So what's your point Brass?

That she isn't a strong woman?

Cynthia

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
"The likes of"?  Boy, oh boy.   ::)  Yet, no matter how many times you wish to demean me, I will continue to respect your POV and you as a person.  You're going to have to go off on me like knute-skull, for that to change, I'm afraid

Thank you Sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »
You're exceedingly welcome
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »
So what's your point Brass?

That she isn't a strong woman?

About the video?

Not my point with the video at all, just injecting some humour.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:02:10 PM »
Fred Thompson's screed was utterly disgusting. I don't think I will watch Law & Order ever again, other than to see what product to boycott. I used to see this creep as a lazy fathead, but now I really can't stand the old fart.

He totally ignored the utter incompetence of the Juniorbushies, from their failing to prevent 9-11 to the godawful three trillion dollar mess they got us into in Iraq, the bungling of the New Orleans Katrina Flood, the torturing at Abu Graib and the stpying on each and every one of us without a warrant or any paper trail.

Leiberman made me want to throw blunt objects through the TV screen. What a vile traitor he is!

I see that they put Juniorbush on the screen so that there wil be none of those pictures of McCain hugging the fool.

The Congress and the Washington establishment that they kept presenting as the enemies that the individualistic McCain so righteously was supposed to have fought against were and still are at least half Republicans. The biggest of the earmark chasers was none other than arch Republican and noted thief, Jack Abramoff.

I observe that not a single peep was made of the clever choice of Juniorbush's VP. The one that shot a friend in the face and is now off making some oil deal with Azerbaijan, no doubt for his greater personal enrichment. Not one of these morons uttered the words "Dick Cheney". I suppose that this was the wisest thing they did.

It was also interesting to note that every single woman just had to wear a red dress. What, they think we actually liked Nancy Reagan? They think that they all look good disguised as firetrucks?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
Come on Xo, don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel        ;)