Author Topic: Talk About Pardoning Turkeys  (Read 6504 times)

BSB

Re: Talk About Pardoning Turkeys
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 05:10:14 PM »
>>So is it Powell doctrine in Iraq and Rumsfeild method in Afganistan?<<

Yeah, the whole thing is rich in irony.
Afghanistan should have been a wet dream for Rumsfeld. It was the quintessential small footprint operation using the CIA, and special ops, with only a light use of conventional infantry. Yet, Rumsfeld pulled most of the 5th Special Forces out of Afghanistan, and used them in the lead up to a conventional invasion of Iraq. Then, Rumsfeld proved his point that a small, comparatively, conventional force could invade a country and overthrow its government. But, it also proved that you need a larger force to control the population post invasion.

So, back and forth we go. Lean and mean. Overwhelming force. Lean and mean. Overwhelming force.   

Knutey

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »

[/quote]

Do you actually enjoy being vindictive?

[/quote]

Believing in justice and that no man is above the law is not vindictive.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »

It's a jest, XO, just a jest.

===========================
Why not get some bonus laughs by mentioning how we could build death camps in Kabul, Herat and Khandahar and gas Afghans with Zyklon?

Why do you suppose nuking would be funnier than death camps? You could kill lots more people, and no tattooing would be required...

Heavy sigh...
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 03:38:21 AM »
I am just curious why nuking anywhere- even Afghanistan- should be humorous. I am sure death camps aren't, even if you are talking about death camps for roaches or rodents, but why is nuking people funny?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »
I am just curious why nuking anywhere- even Afghanistan- should be humorous. I am sure death camps aren't, even if you are talking about death camps for roaches or rodents, but why is nuking people funny?

If a people ever deserved nuking, surely it is the Taliban. I can think of others.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:29:47 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 06:30:28 AM »
Id a people ever deserved nuking, surely it is the Taliban. I can think of others.

I suggest that "nuking" is mass extermination, which includes not just the men you don't like, but everyone around them, such as children, women, and innocent bystanders who never harmed anyone.

I further suggest that mass extermination is immoral, even if you believe in capital punishment. This creates martyrs, and martyrdom, especially in Islamic countries, creates more resistance. And that is another reason not to do it.

Most of the Taliban are religious fanatics and have no desire to harm anyone except their own local heretics at most, just as US Klansmen are no threat to Black people in Africa, Italian Catholics in Italy and Jews in Israel.

And mass extermination really isn't funny, once you have left th Eighth Grade and/or video games.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »
>>Most of the Taliban are religious fanatics and have no desire to harm anyone except their own local heretics at most....<<

I'd rethink that one, XO. The Taliban played a major role in 9/11. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »
And mass extermination really isn't funny, once you have left th Eighth Grade and/or video games.

There is indeed a huge public resistance to the idea in the US, but this is adjustable by the stimulation of atrocitys against us.

This creates martyrs, and martyrdom, especially in Islamic countries, creates more resistance. And that is another reason not to do it.

Not especially in Islamic countrys , Americans suffer the same effect when Americans are killed , not a whit less and perhaps more. I can tell you who Mark Stetham was and apparently he was killed just to irritate people like me.Leon Klinghoffer made a brave stand from his wheel chair and he isn't forgotten.

Perhaps if the Al Quieda understood their own psycology better they would be less eager to produce martyers.

The natural reluctance to kill and cause suffering can be overcome by the severe sort of irritation that Al Queida dishes out. There is an alternative to severe arieal bombing , it is to have troops on the ground rooting out the miscreats by hand and rifle doing everything they can to minimise their impact. The American people have a lot of patience but when that paitience is exausted we can fall back on the easy methods favored by Nixon and Clinton. Carpet bombing is thurough , cheap and indescriminate even when non nuclear. The devistation is shocking and the loss of innocence is severe. I credit President Bush a lot with restraining the blood rage of the American people , directing it usefully and mercyfully .

After President Obama has a 9-11 sort of event ,the ragged edge of the American paitience will snap , will President Obama restrain the public demand for carnage and revenge?  His staff are quite familliar with the heavy bombing success of Clinton.

Knutey

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
> I credit President Bush a lot with restraining the blood rage of the American people , directing it usefully and mercyfully .

After President Obama has a 9-11 sort of event ,the ragged edge of the American paitience will snap , will President Obama restrain the public demand for carnage and revenge?  His staff are quite familliar with the heavy bombing success of Clinton<

Sometimes I really do wish I could live in a fantasyland this deep and sweet. Where stupidity & evil becomes smart & good because the stupid evildoer cut your taxes.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
> I credit President Bush a lot with restraining the blood rage of the American people , directing it usefully and mercyfully .

After President Obama has a 9-11 sort of event ,the ragged edge of the American paitience will snap , will President Obama restrain the public demand for carnage and revenge?  His staff are quite familliar with the heavy bombing success of Clinton<

Sometimes I really do wish I could live in a fantasyland this deep and sweet. Where stupidity & evil becomes smart & good because the stupid evildoer cut your taxes.

What did I state that was not the truth?

Your complaint is very general , could you make it as specific as I made my statement?

Knutey

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »

Your complaint is very general , could you make it as specific as I made my statement?

Bush did not restrain any blood rage, he stoked it with more fear and hate and then fucked even that up by attacking a real enemy half-assedly and a non- enemy for phony reasons based on personal problems.

richpo64

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
>>...  by attacking a real enemy half-assedly ...<<

Interesting word. Anyway, we won. Barrack Hussein Obama should get down on his knees and kiss President Bush's feet for handing him a victory.

Hey, maybe Barry can cop an eightball and do some victory rails will ole W to celebrate the victory.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »

Bush did not restrain any blood rage, he stoked it with more fear and hate and then fucked even that up by attacking a real enemy half-assedly and a non- enemy for phony reasons based on personal problems.

I can't recall a single thing or statement of this sort , what are you referring to?