Author Topic: Why Does the Black Caucus have so many ethics violators?  (Read 1062 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Why Does the Black Caucus have so many ethics violators?
« on: July 30, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
William Jefferson caught with $100,000 in freezer
Chucky Rangel all sorts of violations
Carol Moseley Braun Ill Senator
Maxine Waters

Even outside the Black Caucus you have Marion Barry Mayor of DC
Kawmi Filthpatrick from Detroit

I think many of these black congress people feel they are above the law and can even blatantly break laws because they always have the race card to play. Certainly the typical liberal posters will charge racism here in this discussion, just simply because I noticed the high percentage of blacks that break laws. Sure there are plenty of white congress people doing bad things but the ratio is much less when compared to blacks getting caught doing these things. Oh well XO call me a racists, I'm used to it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40399.html

A House ethics subcommittee has completed its investigation into allegations of wrongdoing by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), and could announce its next steps before lawmakers leave town for the August recess Friday, according to sources familiar with the process.

The committee is in discussions with Waters about the case, in which investigators looked at whether she broke House rules by improperly intervening with federal officials on behalf of a local bank, OneUnited Bank, that her husband owned stock in and once sat on the board of directors. It’s not clear yet what would be contained in a Statement of Alleged Violations if the investigative subcommittee determines she acted improperly.

Waters has denied any wrongdoing, saying she had no influence over Bush administration officials and that she appropriately advocated on behalf of minority-owned banks.

Waters is the second prominent African-American under the ethics microscope this week. The “trial” of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), a founder of the Congressional Black Caucus, is scheduled to begin Thursday afternoon.

It is extremely rare for a lawmaker to fight ethics committee charges in front of an adjudicative subcommittee, which makes recommendations for punishment to the full House.

But, Waters could also follow that route if she is not able to reach an agreement with the ethics committee and it chooses to release a Statement of Alleged Violations against her.

The committee could also admonish her not to repeat her actions — a move that would not bring a House action, as is required for more serious sanctions such a reprimand, censure or expulsion.

The committee could also announce it is dismissing the case, which was forwarded by the independent Office of Congressional Ethics. But sources familiar with the ethics case say that’s not likely.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40399.html#ixzz0vCD5GWq9

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Why Does the Black Caucus have so many ethics violators?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
I don't think that being black makes them dishonest , not even a little bit.

But are there circumstances in which being black helps in getting away with something?

Certainly there are.

I don't think Boss tweed was eager for graft because if his ethnicity , but he understood how to make the tribes observe tribute.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
"I don't think that being black makes them dishonest , not even a little bit."

I don't either

But

Being black means

1. many other blacks will defend a black crook to the end even if they know they are guilty.
2. many whites will turn their head away from the crime (when committed by a black white collar criminal) because they don't want to be called a racist, plus they suffer from white guilt. This treatment is basically racist though, because these white people are treating blacks in a different way than they would treat whites. It's all very sick...

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 11:34:17 AM »
But never the valiant Kramer! He stands ready to denounce every Black scoundrel that should appear, and will remind us of those of years gone by as well by lambasting them online ever chance he gets!

Black corruption stands no chance against the brave slip-sliding Kramer!

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »

"Black corruption stands no chance against the brave slip-sliding Kramer!"

It's going to be just fine as long as people like you are involved!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 02:25:35 PM »
So somehow I am personally to blame for Balck corruption?

I have never voted for anyone who was corrupt, and I have never benefited from corruption, Black or White or anything else.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »
So somehow I am personally to blame for Balck corruption?

I have never voted for anyone who was corrupt, and I have never benefited from corruption, Black or White or anything else.

you are to blame for treating black people different, that's all. That's what liberals do.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
But never the valiant Kramer! He stands ready to denounce every Black scoundrel that should appear, and will remind us of those of years gone by as well by lambasting them online ever chance he gets!

Well ....

Is holding a black politician to a high standard racist or is holding a black politician to a low standard racist?

I think neither really , unless it is because of the race that you have a diffrent standard.

There used to be a saying that a Black worker or leader hneeded to be much better than a White one , like twice as good to get half the credit , .. or pay. This was true too , the resulting winnowing in the case of the Tuskeege airmen produced argueably the most successfull squadron any country flew , but the credit for this was a bit muted for a few decades.

Is reversal fair or a good idea?

Poetic justice would have us endure a reversal for a few centurys , but this would not get rid of any problems.
Reverseing the situation is giveing fair turns , but preserveing the problem itself .
Getting rid of the problem would be getting rid of the problem.

People ought to give credit where due , no more no less , pay what is earned, no more no less and try to give no importance at all to race. What less than this should be our aim?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »

Well ....

Is holding a black politician to a high standard racist or is holding a black politician to a low standard racist?

I think neither really , unless it is because of the race that you have a diffrent standard.

There used to be a saying that a Black worker or leader hneeded to be much better than a White one , like twice as good to get half the credit , .. or pay. This was true too , the resulting winnowing in the case of the Tuskeege airmen produced argueably the most successfull squadron any country flew , but the credit for this was a bit muted for a few decades.

Is reversal fair or a good idea?

Poetic justice would have us endure a reversal for a few centurys , but this would not get rid of any problems.
Reverseing the situation is giveing fair turns , but preserveing the problem itself .
Getting rid of the problem would be getting rid of the problem.

People ought to give credit where due , no more no less , pay what is earned, no more no less and try to give no importance at all to race. What less than this should be our aim?

You must have been listening when MLK spoke. Jesse, Al, and Obama were sleeping. We already know Obama slept through 20 years of Rev Wright rants; I don't even want to call them sermons.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
when exactly, and how have I treated any Black people differently?

You appear to be making crap up.

You know nothing about me or what I have done in my life.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »

Are you not a liberal?
Assuming you are a liberal then you believe in Affirmative Action.
If you do believe in AA then you treat black people different than the rest of us.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »

Lets put it this way.

There is a white canadate , who for twenty years has sat through sermons that are often on the subject of race , not nicely on that subject . Everything is about our race needs to stick together.

But white canadate promises you hope and change , nothing specific .

He gets your support?