Author Topic: Democrats Gain Corporate Cash  (Read 2944 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Democrats Gain Corporate Cash
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »
       Zachary T. Space

According to the Washington Post, he has accepted money from lobbyists:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/elections/keyraces/funding/n00027902/
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 01:59:41 AM »
Thanks, I will find out about this. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 12:28:41 AM »
The New York Times 1/9/00 Richard Berke ".... Many prominent Democrats say they are deeply troubled that the Republican Party is collecting so much more money than the Democrats that it will enjoy an insurmountable financial advantage -- perhaps enough to cost them the White House. These Democrats have a recurring fear: that their nominee, either Al Gore or Bill Bradley, will emerge in late March from the peak presidential primary season battered, bruised and broke. And if at that time the Republican National Committee has a big surplus of unregulated "soft money" over the Democratic counterpart, they say, the Democratic candidate would face a relentless blizzard of television commercials condemning Democratic programs. ...."

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
I found out about the "Lawyers/Lobbyists" contribution to my congressman.
Turns out it is only from lawyers.  That grouping was done by the WaPo. He takes no money, no donations, no gifts, no trips, nada rien nothing from lobbyists/

He does this so that he's not owned by them and because he has a big job to prove to his constituents that he's not another Bob Ney (Property of Highest Bidder).
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »
He takes no money, no donations, no gifts, no trips, nada rien nothing from lobbyists/

He accepted $5,000 from the AFL-CIO which is a registered lobbying group. I'm sure there are others.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)