Author Topic: Democrats talking about Senator John McCain!  (Read 1521 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Democrats talking about Senator John McCain!
« on: August 30, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpcxkKlEFA[/youtube]

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Democrats talking about Senator John McCain!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
"The risks of a backlash from choosing someone so unknown and so untested are obvious. In one swift stroke, McCain demolished what had been one of his main arguments against Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/12997

I have seen this argument made several diffrent places now , but I don't beleive it.

Hillary Clinton once said that the Office of the Presidency is no place for on the job training , I think this is a strong arguement, but to say that the Vice Presidency is no place for on the Job training is such a weak arguement that it seems lucridous , the vice presidency is indeed a terriffic place for on the job training.

Check the freinds of Hillary site.

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?p=319459

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Precisely Plane.  "On-the-job training" can easily be applied to the Veep spot.  It's NOT what you want to be having happen at the President's spot.....read, not "want" to.  IN the case of Bush/Gore, Gore had a plethora of on the job training, and Bush merely had his executive experience as Govenor of Texas, with a few other additions, like running a baseball team, flying fighter jets, etc.  On "experience" alone, Gore easily wins as taking over as President.  But his policies and idiocy he made of himself during the debates, allowed the electorate to decide otherwise

I see the debates being a HUGE deal this go around as well.  Will Obama keep trying to play the "nuance card", painting himself as a leftest with no convictions, or will McCain come across as some crochety, angry old fart, and simply part of the DC status quo.  One thing's for sure, their VP picks demonstrated a likely HUGE direction, each would want the country to go into.  For Obama, he picks.....the supposedly poltiically safe status quo.  McCain picks.....probably what Obama would have picked in a liberal deomcrat version, had he had the conviction, he keeps claiming to have with his change & hope mantra.  We all see how empty that was now
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
<<On "experience" alone, Gore easily wins as taking over as President.  But his policies and idiocy he made of himself during the debates, allowed the electorate to decide otherwise>>

Uh . . . if Gore's "idiocy" was so obvious in the debates, how do you explain his capture of the popular vote?  Are the American people themselves idiots?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »
Precisely Plane.  "On-the-job training" can easily be applied to the Veep spot.  It's NOT what you want to be having happen at the President's spot.....read, not "want" to.  IN the case of Bush/Gore, Gore had a plethora of on the job training, and Bush merely had his executive experience as Govenor of Texas, with a few other additions, like running a baseball team, flying fighter jets, etc.  On "experience" alone, Gore easily wins as taking over as President.  But his policies and idiocy he made of himself during the debates, allowed the electorate to decide otherwise

I see the debates being a HUGE deal this go around as well.  Will Obama keep trying to play the "nuance card", painting himself as a leftest with no convictions, or will McCain come across as some crochety, angry old fart, and simply part of the DC status quo.  One thing's for sure, their VP picks demonstrated a likely HUGE direction, each would want the country to go into.  For Obama, he picks.....the supposedly poltiically safe status quo.  McCain picks.....probably what Obama would have picked in a liberal deomcrat version, had he had the conviction, he keeps claiming to have with his change & hope mantra.  We all see how empty that was now

Gore came so close to winning that the nuances and arcane details of the rules that are normally unimportant made the diffrence , the diffrence between the winner and the looser was less than half the size of the margin of error , I think that if Bill Clinton had not handed him so much baggage he would have been a one term president and we would be fighting the incumbent President Hillary Clinton right now.

The Vice President has to be in the room when breifings and decisions are made , it is probly the best training a Presidential prospect could possibly have , yet only a small number of Vice Presidents have become President in turn, I think that the US public is justly famous for a lack of patience , after eight years the desire for something diffrent becomes overwhelming.

Note that Dick Cheny isn't even attempting to run for president , tho no one could accuse him of being poorly prepared.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »
<<On "experience" alone, Gore easily wins as taking over as President.  But his policies and idiocy he made of himself during the debates, allowed the electorate to decide otherwise>>

Uh . . . if Gore's "idiocy" was so obvious in the debates, how do you explain his capture of the popular vote?  Are the American people themselves idiots?

I have heard it said that 50% of us are bleow advradge , but I don't beleive it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »

Almost, that go around.  Thank God for the Constitution.  If it weren't for his idiotic moments, he could have won in a land slide.  He should have at least taken his own damn state
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »
<<Almost, that go around.  Thank God for the Constitution.  If it weren't for his idiotic moments, he could have won in a land slide.  He should have at least taken his own damn state>>

Wanna try answering my question?  If his idiocy was so obvious in the debates, how'd he get a majority of Americans to vote for him?

Are a majority of the American people idiots too?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 06:33:10 PM »
<<Almost, that go around.  Thank God for the Constitution.  If it weren't for his idiotic moments, he could have won in a land slide.  He should have at least taken his own damn state>>

Wanna try answering my question?  If his idiocy was so obvious in the debates, how'd he get a majority of Americans to vote for him?

Are a majority of the American people idiots too?

Well I think him an idiot , but my thinking so does not prove it , it just puts me into a particular half of the country.

The half ,by the way , that includes the ones who should know him best , his own home state.

But what does the opinion of the 49.9% minority prove?

You just have to look at the evidence , he supported the Kyoto treaty, whew that was dumb.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »

If his idiocy was so obvious in the debates, how'd he get a majority of Americans to vote for him?   Are a majority of the American people idiots too?

Asked and answered already.  Gore was the one making hismelf look like an idiot.  Had he not, he would have likely won the election, in a land slide I might add

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 02:23:58 AM »
<<Gore was the one making hismelf look like an idiot.  Had he not, he would have likely won the election, in a land slide I might add>>

But I don't understand.  No matter who made him look like an idiot, you say he looked like an idiot.  Well, if he looked like an idiot, the majority of the voters voted for a man who looked like an idiot.  Doesn't that make them idiots too?  And how do you deal with the consequence of that reasoning, that the majority of the American voters are idiots, meaning that the country itself is a nation of idiots?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »
doesn't matter if he had a plurality of votes, what matters if he had a plurality of electoral votes.

He didn't so he lost.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 03:58:38 AM »
<<Gore was the one making hismelf look like an idiot.  Had he not, he would have likely won the election, in a land slide I might add>>

No matter who made him look like an idiot, you say he looked like an idiot.  Well, if he looked like an idiot, the majority of the voters voted for a man who looked like an idiot.  Doesn't that make them idiots too? 

Nope.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if a majority thought he was an idiot.  For whatever reason, a fraction more of the popular vote went to Gore.  Doesn't make them idiots, simply misinformed or simply wrong

And how do you deal with the consequence of that reasoning, that the majority of the American voters are idiots, meaning that the country itself is a nation of idiots?

Since your premise is flawed, so is your question.  Point then again continues to be, had he likely not made himself look so idiotic, he would have likely won in a landslide.  Perhaps that's Obama thought process now, and why he's still breaking his pledge to debate McCain anytime, anywhere
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:04:28 AM by sirs »