Author Topic: The apple doesn't fall ... true for everyone?  (Read 716 times)

Richpo64

The apple doesn't fall ... true for everyone?
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
I recall the lunatics on the left claiming that the Bush twins bad behavior was a direct result of bad parents.

Is the same true when it comes to a libtard like Al Gore?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070704/ap_on_re_us/people_gore_s_son

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The apple doesn't fall ... true for everyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »
I'm going to stay consistent and conclude that Al Jr is his own animal, and that after a certain point, the parents have done the best that they were capable of.  No, Jr is an adult, and the debate as to how much is a result of "bad parenting" can not be accurately applied, since I know of endless examples of good "kids" coming out of completely disfunctional and likely bad parenting
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »
i didn`t know you can do a 100 on a prius.
thats pretty good

those things are pretty tricky to operate
they got a power button just like computer in them
that bluetooth phone is pretty cool.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 12:11:30 AM »
<<I recall the lunatics on the left claiming that the Bush twins bad behavior was a direct result of bad parents.>>

That's funny, cuz I don't.  Maybe you have some specific examples in mind?

For what it's worth, my own opinion is that when kids are in trouble with the law, there is ALWAYS some degree of parental responsibility, and the worse the trouble, the greater the degree of parental responsibility.  This applies especially where the parents appear to be model citizens and model parents.  We don't really know them in most cases and their public image is not the real indicator of their parenting.   By their fruits shall ye know them.

I just want to make it clear, however,  that I'm not talking about those tragic cases where mental illness intersects with the criminal law.  Mental illness is a real tragedy and the parents can only do so much in the face of genetic predisposition.