Author Topic: Black Republican senator tells us abgout Driving while Black  (Read 1564 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Black Republican senator tells us abgout Driving while Black
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:40:03 PM »
And I can post countless videos of blacks driving, some with CCW's, who have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS or issues with law enforcement.  Probably because they treated the officers with respect to begin with, and not some entitled notion of special privelege, based on their skin color
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »
Maybe they are not Republican senators like this guy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
What does that have to do with anything.   If you're a Senator and Black, you're to be bowed to?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »
C'mon, sirs all your Black friends are purely fictional.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »
In your mind, maybe.  Nor was I referring to just my friends.  I'm referring to countless videos, off youtube, of young black men, some of them with actual CCW's, who have had absolutely no problems with police pull overs.  Per your parameters, they should all be dead, if not broken up in the back of some police van...they're black, they've been pulled over, and they're "packing"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »
You were not referring to your Black friends because you have no Black friends, sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:13 PM »
You're free to believe whatever you want.  Even played tennis with the BLACK Cheif of Staff at the hospital.   But you keep right on delving into that imagination of yours.  Anything to avoid the issue you yourself started with this thread.  Braco Dr Deflection

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 02:23:06 PM »
Playing tennis with someone makes him a close friend and confidant?
Of course, he has a concealed carry and has  never been stopped by the cops.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 03:09:36 PM »
I love these changing goal posts you're transparently using.  We went from complete strangers, (Blacks on video), then you make it about my supposed non-existent Black friends, and now its about black close friends who confide everything to me??  What the frell!  This was never about close friends or confidants.  Its about Blacks in general, driving while black, as your title implies.  As I said, blacks get pulled over all the time in this country, some with CCW's, and nearly everyone of them go home all the time, after the officer says "have a nice day".  Blacks getting shot by white cops are very rare in this country.  In fact, more whites are shot by white cops in this country, than blacks. 

And more to Kimba's point, ALL races get shot by cops.  The issue isn't race.  The issue is what was the person doing before they were shot

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 02:25:41 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDTBTc0mao8
https://www.youtube.com

Since he is a Black Republican I would expect officer XO to harass this guy .

Ok-- in the elements.

1)   Approaching cautiously with hand on holstered gun-> typical, this is what I see when I get stopped. The police are trained to be cautious on the theory that they last longer if alert.a

2)     Use of diminutive word "Boy". ->  This is an error. irritating language is unprofessional and does not serve in a situation that needs de-escalation.

3) Stopping the Senator seven times in a year.-> Is this man a bad driver? If not, what explains the frequent stops? Are policemen stopping the cars on "hunches"? On the one occasion cited the headlights really did need attention, I would expect to be stopped myself if I was using one headlight.

The only thing that seems unfamiliar is being stopped seven times in one year, everything else he is complaining about has happened to me. I was DWW.

So what can the police do to ensure that he does not get stopped once every two months?

Part of this is a perception that is being pushed and part of it is real.

The real part is diminishing, the push on the perception is growing.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 06:45:11 AM »
I would not take a job as a a traffic cop, ever.
They are generally given quotas, a number of tickets they are expected to give. This is based on the amount of revenue the cop's venue has decided it expects.
I find that to be unacceptable.

Why would I give a Black Republican a ticket more often than a Democrat?

How would I know he was a Republican, anyway?

I don't think that political affiliation has anything to do with obeying traffic regulations.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 04:21:29 PM »
  I do not think he makes it clear that he was innocent in some of these traffic stops.

Was he guilty of minor infractions in some or all ?

There isn't much way to tell he is Republican , and not much way to tell that he has been stopped more than his share already.

I have to guess that he didn't get a ticket or a conviction every time , else he would have lost his license by now.

Perhaps police are picking on black people , but more evidence than this is needed.