Author Topic: Covering (Up) Obama  (Read 15832 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Covering (Up) Obama
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
I just hope it blows over.

You can hope for better than that!

Lets hope that BHO is actually clean , and has a way to make that clear.

Harry Truman got this kind of accusation a lot , but he never seemed to do his old machine any real favors and he turned out to be such an effective leader that the issue of his defunct sponsors was eclipsed .

Much has been made of BHO haveing intelligence and charm, these are good tools , I hope he also has the vision and courage that complete the toolkit of the leader we need.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
And not so surprisingly, both Knute & Brass miss the mark, when it was LISTENING/HEARING to any stories (i.e. MSM news sources one watches and HEARS, such as CNN, MSNBC, Any of the evening news programs by the big 3.....etc., etc., etc.), that I was referring to.

Uh, you are aware, aren't you, that Chris Matthews in ON MSNBC, right?

Yea.....and?  That takes up 1 finger, and likely was a slip of the tongue that 1 time
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
"I can't wait till Fitz's tapes are online and we can all listen to how Rahm and Axelrod
(never either my favorite folks in politics) totally shoot down Blago's demands"

Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel ducks reporters' questions

December 11, 2008

BY FRAN SPIELMAN AND ABDON M. PALLASCH Staff Reporters

President-elect Barack Obama?s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from
reporters this morning
about whether he was the Obama ?advisor? named in the criminal complaint
against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward
for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama?s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama?s news conference this morning. He was spotted
two hours later in the lobby of Chicago?s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing
in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.

A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.

?You?re wasting your time,? Emanuel said. ?I?m not going to say a word to you. I?m going to do this with my children.
Dont do that. I?m a father. I have two kids. I?m not going to do it.?

Asked, ?Can?t you do both?? Emanuel replied, ?I?m not as capable as you. I?m going to be a father.
I?m allowed to be a father,? and he pushed the reporter?s digital recorder away.

Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to
know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.

Blagojevich said, ?He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.? Emanuel
represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.

No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing.

Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his
Senate replacement.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1326788,rahm-emanuel-blagojevich-obama-121108.article
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »
And not so surprisingly, both Knute & Brass miss the mark, when it was LISTENING/HEARING to any stories (i.e. MSM news sources one watches and HEARS, such as CNN, MSNBC, Any of the evening news programs by the big 3.....etc., etc., etc.), that I was referring to.

Yea.....and?  That takes up 1 finger, and likely was a slip of the tongue that 1 time

Example of how Sirs-World® works.

Sirs presents a point of view.

Someone else presents EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES SIRS' POINT OF VIEW.

Sirs only sees evidence that refutes sirs' point of view*.

* "evidence" is probably false and/or does not refute sirs' point of view.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »
Of course, you guys who love all things GOP may think it will be oh so funny to see a cloud of Obama's administration but we're really facing some heavy shit here and I, for one, hope this all blows over VERY soon.

Actually I hope Obama's hands are clean.

But this is what bothers me.

He equivocates.

He doesn't even come clean on simple questions like has he stopped smoking. He probably would have picked up votes by just admitting he struggles with that demon daily and sometimes he does not win.

Then again he might lose the smoke nazi vote, but i don't know anyone who pays serious attention to them.

richpo64

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »
>>He equivocates.<<

Bingo.

It seems reflexive. He says he never met with him, but he did. We know he did because there are pictures. There are phone records. His surrogates say he discussed his seat with him, then they deny it. The press leaves it at that.

Reminds me of somebody.

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:38 PM »
Of course, you guys who love all things GOP may think it will be oh so funny to see a cloud of Obama's administration but we're really facing some heavy shit here and I, for one, hope this all blows over VERY soon.

Actually I hope Obama's hands are clean.

But this is what bothers me.

He equivocates.

He doesn't even come clean on simple questions like has he stopped smoking. He probably would have picked up votes by just admitting he struggles with that demon daily and sometimes he does not win.

Then again he might lose the smoke nazi vote, but i don't know anyone who pays serious attention to them.

it wouldn't matterbwhat he said y'all would criticize
If he said he didn't stop smoking He would be a weak suck liar
Better to equivocate than give yourself up to a crazed enemy

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »

That explains a lot about your mindset.

Knutey

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

That explains a lot about your mindset.

At least I have a mind to set rather than spout prejudice

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 11:50:12 PM »

But that is what you do. You assume that those mid to right are your enemies. You prejudge.

But what is more amazing is that you would rather be lied to than to be trusted to evaluate the ramifications of the truth, just as long as that same truth is withheld from the rest of this nation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »

But that is what you do. You assume that those mid to right are your enemies. You prejudge.

But what is more amazing is that you would rather be lied to than to be trusted to evaluate the ramifications of the truth, just as long as that same truth is withheld from the rest of this nation.

Neat.

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 12:47:05 AM »
From the link that Religious Dick posted:

Conclusion: Neither of the two brief stories from KHQA were important at the time they were filed. Both were just brief notices that what would normally be happening after Obama's win was happening. If you're going to be President, you have to resign the Senate and the Gov. gets to appoint your replacement. As President-elect you are going to want to have a say in that. And you will, to a point, get it.

This is what I'm curious about: whoever the Obama advisor is, you'd think he/she would have found a way to keep Obama away from Blagojevich.   Given the guy's reputation, he's got to be like poison to everyone who's got any sense.  And it makes me wonder if whoever tipped off the investigation that Blagojevich was really going nuts with his plans was someone who also could have warned Obama to stay away from him.  If I remember correctly, the dates of some of the taped phone conversations coincide with the dates of the "disappeared" news articles, so the timing is interesting there.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »
 Given the guy's reputation, he's got to be like poison to everyone who's got any sense. 

Then how does he run for Govenor and win?

Did a lot of people in the party kinow what kind of guy he was and the public didn't?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »

Example of how Sirs-World® works.  Sirs presents a point of view.  Someone else presents EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES SIRS' POINT OF VIEW.  Sirs only sees evidence that refutes sirs' point of view.  "evidence" is probably false and/or does not refute sirs' point of view.

Gotta love Brass' revisionist applications.  Evidence is ACTUAL evidence, not a reporters speculation of what might be.  Evidence that refutes sirs point of few of a microscopic referencing of the qualifier Democrat to Governor Sonofabich is hardly a pointing to 1 example, in which sirs references a likely only going to find 1 or 2 examples. "catch how many times you hear a story about Gov Sonofabich simply referred to as a Democrat, or the Democrat Governor of Illinois.  Doubt you'll need more than 1 hand, if not only 1-2 fingers"

Left must be right, in Brassland
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 02:16:07 AM »
Then how does he run for Govenor and win?

Did a lot of people in the party kinow what kind of guy he was and the public didn't?

He ran as the candidate of change!

He ran as a reform candidate.

He ran as the anti pay to play candidate.

He ran against a guy named Ryan, coincidentally the same last name as the previous Governor Jim Ryan who choose not to run again because he was under investigation for selling licenses as sec of state.