Author Topic: Bush Tax Cut at Work  (Read 1065 times)

BSB

Bush Tax Cut at Work
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »
Breaking News Alert
The New York Times
Friday, April 6, 2012 -- 8:43 AM EDT
-----
U.S. Added Only 120,000 Jobs in March,

Report Shows

The United States economy added a relatively weak 120,000 jobs in March, and the unemployment rate dipped to 8.2 percent from 8.3 percent, the Labor Department said on Friday.

Many economists had expected March to be the fourth consecutive month of solid employment growth, with the addition of more than 200,000 jobs. In the week leading up to the government report, statistics suggested that hiring was picking up pace.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/07/business/economy/us-added-only-120000-jobs-in-march-report-shows.html?emc=na

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bush Tax Cut at Work
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:32:44 PM »
And the vomitfest continues        :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
There are times when a cut in taxes may be warranted. Coupled with other factors a tax cut may help spur economic growth in some sectors and increase tax revenue. However, there are times when an increase in taxes is beneficial, for example when a reduction in the national debt is necessary for the long term health of the nation.

It isn't a matter of degrading Chimpy McBush who is a fine man in his own right regardless of some of his economic philosophes. Times are different. Bush_lied_and_people_died is out of office now. God bless him and the ass, aka Dick Chenny, he rode out on.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 03:55:11 AM »
Your effort at "discussing" the issue of taxes and vomiting up more Bush/Cheney hatred at the same time is duly noted, though also frought with an endless supply of flaws.

1st and foremost, and repeated many a time by Obama homself when he was a candidate for president, you DON'T RAISE TAXES IN A RECESSION.  THAT IS WHAT HE'S CURRENTLY PROPOSING.  Obviously its politically motivated, but at the same time, its at the core of his ideology.  If he wanted to "raise taxes" in order to try and raise revenues in order to try and reign in the debt, as Bt has made reference to numerous times, he'd push for ALL the Bush tax cuts to expire.  But no, he wants to push the class warfare angle, to better try and put him cozy with Joe Smith America, come Nov. 

Here's another point.......no one is really pushing "tax cuts", outside of perhaps some lessening of the corporate tax rates.  There are proposals by some, like the 2 tiered tax rate.  The Bush Tax cuts, have done precisely what they were intended to do...they spearheaded increased tax revenues and job creation, that took us out of what 911 was taking us down in

Your problem is that while you try to make the economic mess all about Bush's tax cuts.....THEY WEREN'T EVEN REMOTELY RESPONSIBLE for what turned the recession, into a full blown one.  If it weren't for the tax cuts in effect, not only would the events of 911 have caused a far more severe economic hit, but when the housing bubble burst, we probably would be Greece right now, instead of on a bullet train heading that direction.  Obama and the Democrat's policies are stagnating and perpeuating the #'s that your post is highlighting.  As you've said, Bush is out of office now, and Obama had a filibuster proof majority when he took office, to do anything he wanted.  And we are now reaping the repercussions of those acts

So decry Bush & Cheney all you want.  Call them all kinds of names, perpeuate the nonsense of the Bush lied diatribe & fool yourself into thinking the Bush tax cuts are the cause of all yours and Obama's misery.  You're only fooling yourself, but I'm sure Obama appreciates your efforts
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
Dear Sirs

I never said that Chimpy's tax cut caused the economic crisis that he passed onto President Obama. What I'm saying is that the notion that the tax cuts will assist in lowering unemployment has proved demonstrably false.

Class warfare: I highly doubt that the left is dabbling in class warfare for the simple reason that the better educated portion of the population leans left.

Your pal and mentor, BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Dear Sirs

I never said that Chimpy's tax cut caused the economic crisis that he passed onto President Obama.

Dear B....nor did I claim you did.  I've claimed that you're erroneously using them as the supposed ongoing source to all our current economic misery

What I'm saying is that the notion that the tax cuts will assist in lowering unemployment has proved demonstrably false.

In reality, quite the opposite, I'm afraid, as the facts following 911, and Reagan's tax cuts demonstrated.  In both instances, our economy rebounded, and unemployment went down.  Both were in office for 8 years, both had implimented the tax cuts early in their administrates, BOTH demonstrated economic recovery and improved employment.  Then the Dems took over the House under Bush, and the GOP started to act like Democrat-lites, increasing Federal spending, THEN the housing bubble burst, THEN the economy started to collapse.....FAR later than the Bush tax cuts could have every caused or facilitated the unemployment spiral

What's preventing the improvement of unemployment #'s, is not the Bush tax cuts, but the policies of Obama & the Dems, the increased regulations, the increased Federal Government footprint, the exponential increased spending, and the omen of Obamination care hovering over all of it.  Not to mention still no reform of Freddie & Fannie, that brought about the housing bubble collapse, which facilitated the huge drop in employment #'s, in the 1st place

Class warfare: I highly doubt that the left is dabbling in class warfare for the simple reason that the better educated portion of the population leans left.

Spoken like a true liberal elitist who just thinks he knows better than the rest of us serf.  As I said, Obama would be prowd

So endeth this lesson

Sirs