Author Topic: Teenage Trayvon Martin shot by gun nut in Sanford, FL  (Read 5136 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Teenage Trayvon Martin shot by gun nut in Sanford, FL
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
By what right did Zimmerman get out of his car and pursue Martin on foot?

Or do you dispute that as well?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
Obviously, "Christians" thinks that wearing a hoodie while Black is reason for suspicion and perhaps execution.
No it's obvious I believe you and your "agenda driven divide the county hatemongers"
want to present this case to your liking to further your political goals and it is important
to show the choir boy picture the media has latched on to is bogus.

This...like most of the fraud outrages the Left sensationalizes will probably not amount
to a hill of beans.....because the information shown below does not fit your template to
demonize/divide people and the country.

"George is a Spanish speaking minority with many black family members and friends. He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. One black neighbor recently interviewed said she knew everything in the media was untrue and that she would trust George with her life. Another black neighbor said that George was the only one, black or white, who came and welcomed her to the community, offering any assistance he could provide. Recently, I met two black children George invited to a social event. I asked where they met George. They responded that he was their mentor. They said George visited them routinely, took them places, helped them, and taught them things and that they really loved George. The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-zimmerman-letter-20120315,0,1716605.story
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
By what right did Zimmerman get out of his car and pursue Martin on foot?

Or do you dispute that as well?

I think you'll recall from the beginning, I made clear it wasn't likely a good idea to follow Martin.  And "rights" have nothing to with this, so you can despense with that deflective effort. 

Point being, YOU WEREN'T THERE.  Now that that fact has been established, that Zimmerman would have no clue what-so-ever of what Martin would have been reaching for in his clothing, we can wait for the investigation to unfold, vs the idiocy of rule by mob mentality
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
actually this is the first  cellphone death not by a police officer I`ve heard so far.

Cellphones and wallets deaths pop up once in awhile in the news.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
My guess is more people are killed by folks talking or texting on the cell while driving than the cell being mistaken for a firearm.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
My guess is more people are killed by folks talking or texting on the cell while driving

I would think it is an enormous number.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »
Trayvn looks to me like jake sisko of deep space nine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Sisko

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
So he does.\

Actually, he resembles Ciroc Lofton, who played Jake Sisko.

Lofton is now 34 or 35, he was born in 1978.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »
   I think Neighborhood watch is a good idea, but this incident seems to show how wrong it can go.

I hope that there is more evidence that can be found, relying entirely on circumstantial evidence that isn't conclusive or the testimony of the main suspect is not going to be satisfying .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
Neighborhood Watch people do the community a service most of the time. They should not be armed with anything lethal, and they should not pursue people. Perhaps they should take action if one person is clearly robbing another, but that was not the case here.

I doubt that we will ever fully know what was said and done that night, but Zimmerman made two mistakes: carrying a gun and pursuing Martin, who was doing nothing more illegal than perhaps walking on the grass.

It was raining. When I am out at night in the rain, I think of only getting home and getting dry. I imagine that was all that was on Martin's mind as well.

BSB

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:16 AM »
You can't arm people like Zimmerman in a civilian capacity such as a neighbourhood watchman. They're way too paranoid. They're way too weak. When faced with possible danger you have be in control and you have to face the threat mind to mind. You have to get right into the head of the person who is of concern and show him that there isn't any reason for him to become hostile. Zimmerman's actions did exactly the opposite. He made this kid become fearful. He pushed this kid in exactly the wrong direction.

I was in an apartment building in a rough section of Boston back in about 1971. It was about 3 in the morning. I was standing in the hallway and the apartment door in front of me suddenly opened up just enough for a sawed off shotgun to protrude out and come within an inch or two of my face. I looked through the opening in the door, looked the guy in the eye and said, hey, there's no need for that. He said, you're right, and closed the door. He was a speed freak. He was as paranoid as you can get. He was basically out of his mind. I got through to him though. The tone of my voice, and the sense of another way, got through to him.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
You can't arm people like Zimmerman in a civilian capacity such as a neighbourhood watchman.
I tend to agree...and I think tear gas/mace may be a better option for neighborhood watch folks.
I keep a gun in my nightstand @ home, but pepper spray in my glove box for that very reason.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
  Most of the armed people in our nation have armed themselves.

Who elese should make the call?

There are llaws against Felons and a few other catagorys buying wepons, but no matter how foolish or crazy one might be , if you have behaved well so far you still have the right.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
I remember when pepper spay and stunguns first cameout. The resistance was huge but people had trouble convincing those devices are more dangerous than a gun itself.