Author Topic: Henry Kissinger is not happy  (Read 1030 times)

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Henry Kissinger is not happy
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:47:56 AM »
From Scoring the Debate:

Obama claimed that Kissinger approved of his view that an American president should meet with adversaries without preconditions. John McCain disagreed. And Kissinger, who is advising McCain?s presidential campaign, not surprisingly thinks that McCain is right.

?Senator McCain is right,? said Kissinger. ?I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality.?

Indeed, in a recent appearance at George Washington University, Kissinger said that while he is ?in favor of negotiating with Iran,? he ?preferred doing it at the secretary of state level.?

http://weeklystandard.com/Weblogs/TWSFP/TWSFPView.asp#8891

Knutey

Re: Henry Kissinger is not happy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Henry is a much better weasel thanMcCain. It is obvious that he does want talks with Iran even by this quote.

>Indeed, in a recent appearance at George Washington University, Kissinger said that while he is ?in favor of negotiating with Iran,? he ?preferred doing it at the secretary of state level.? <

Knute: The preferred does not just mean only and the great negotiator knows it,

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 12:07:40 PM »
Two things wrong with this post - - one, Kissinger is very happy.  The egotistical international criminal who supported every torture chamber in Central and South America is delighted that his name is once more, however briefly, in the limelight and two, a careful examination of the quote:

<<I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. >>

in no way undermines what Obama said, which is that it would be useless and counter-productive to insist on pre-conditions.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »
First off, Amedinejahd is not really the guy in charge of Iran, and it's not likely he'll be president of Iran much longer.

I fail to see what would be so wrong with the US president talking to any other world leader. The reasons given are just so much blather and make no sense at all.

Kissinger is an annoying old war criminal, and I don't accept him as a reputable authority on anything
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »
I have to be honest Missus...Kissinger is the same man whose realpolitik gave a thumbs up to Suharto's genocide in Indonesia, took charge of installing Fascist (I use that term in its very real sense) dictators in the Southern Cone of South America even where democracies existed. He supported some of the most destructive and brutal regimes we've ever known on this planet.

I don't care what he says and the fact that he advises McCain disgusts me and the fact that Obama gives a rat's ass what he has to say disgusts me as well.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.