Author Topic: Iran can prove Bin Laden was dead long before US raid ? Iranian minister  (Read 1165 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Iran can prove Bin Laden was dead long before US raid ? Iranian minister

Published: 10 May, 2011, 17:07
Edited: 10 May, 2011, 19:15

Iranian Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi claims that Osama Bin Laden died from an illness before the US raid on his compound in Abbottabad. Iran has documents to prove it, he said.

?"We have credible information that Bin Laden died some time ago of a disease," Moslehi said on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, as quoted by ISNA news agency.

"If the US military and intelligence apparatus have really arrested or killed Bin Laden, why don't they show him [his body]? Why have they thrown his corpse into the sea?" Moslehi asked rhetorically, FARS news agency reports.

Moslehi labeled the US raid in Abbottabad as a ?PR campaign?, created to divert the attention of its citizens from domestic problems, such as the ?fragile? state of the US economy.

"We believe that what the US is seeking, by dictated media programs, to overshadow the recent awakening in the region through the release of such reports," ISNA quoted Moslehi as saying.

Bin Laden was killed on May 2 in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad, north of the capital Islamabad, during a special operation carried out by US Navy Seals. President Barack Obama announced the news in a special address to the nation.

The news of ?justice having been done? sparked mass celebrations in the United States and then ignited a new wave of conspiracy theories after Washington refused to release Bin Laden?s postmortem photographs, claiming that they might instigate a new wave of radicalism.

http://rt.com/news/osama-dead-raid/print/

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
The Daily Number - 19%

Likely voters who think Osama bin Laden is still alive

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/05/11/051111-opinions-number-zogby/

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
In sales you have to know how to close the sale, Obama screwed up again but he's more than happy to take all the credit off the backs of the Navy Seals. I'm glad Bush turned him down!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
If Osama was already dead, well, he is still dead. And the US still has all those computer files.

The killing of Osama raised the President's favorable ratings to 60%.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
If Osama was already dead, well, he is still dead. And the US still has all those computer files.

The killing of Osama raised the President's favorable ratings to 60%.

Wow! The AP poll has Obama?s approval rating hitting 60 percent! And 53 percent say he deserves to be reelected!

And on the economy, 52 percent approve of the way Obama?s handling it, and only 47 percent disapprove! He?s up 54?46 on approval of how he?s handling health care! On unemployment, 52 percent approval, 47 percent disapproval! 57 percent approval on handling Libya! Even on the deficit, he?s at 47 percent approval, 52 percent disapproval!

It is a poll of adults, which isn?t surprising; as I mentioned yesterday, you don?t have to be a registered or likely voter to have an opinion on the president.

But then you get to the party ID: 46 percent identify as Democrat or leaning Democrat, 29 percent identify as Republican or leaning Republican, 4 percent identify as purely independent leaning towards neither party, and 20 percent answered, ?I don?t know.?

For contrast, the AP?s immediate preceding poll was 45 percent Democrat, 33 percent Republican; the likely-voter pool in October 2010 was 43 percent Democrat, 48 percent Republican. The poll?s total sample in October 2010 split 43 percent Democrat, 40 percent Republican.

With a poll sample that has a 17-percentage-point margin in favor of the Democrats, is anyone surprised that these results look like a David Axelrod dream?

(Interestingly, George W. Bush is at 50 percent approval, 49 percent disapproval, even in this sample wildly weighted in favor of the Democrats.)

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/266932/latest-ap-poll-sample-skews-democrats-17-points

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Sure, the National Review is always where to go for unbiased information.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Sure, the National Review is always where to go for unbiased information.

The larger point was that the AP poll itself was biased. All NR did was point it out and back their assertion, which i noticed was not disputed by you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I don't put much stock in polls, actually. I just mentioned this because you lot seem to think they are so important. The National Review has no pretension about being fair or unbiased. It's like the WSJ, it is ALWAYS biased.

The election is the poll that matters. But now that the Newtster has declared he wants to be president, winning the election will be a cinch for the GOP.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Newt doesn't stand a chance.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Given the Democratic alternative, he'd have my vote
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Given the Democratic alternative, he'd have my vote

That's a given. I don't think he will make it through the primaries.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
True that, he may not.  If he did however.....
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
anybody has a "chance" if the economy keeps tanking

i am very worried about the economy
our business numbers continue to fall
the amount of job apps coming by is exploding

Obama must get the price of gas down & umployment down
or he will get beat by .......................................(fill in the blank)
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
But....but....he got bin Laden.  He's a lock now......according to most of the girls on "The View"