Author Topic: Hey Biden Loose Lips Can Get People Killed You Big Dummy  (Read 758 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Biden Loose Lips Can Get People Killed You Big Dummy
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100086416/joe-biden-opens-his-mouth-about-us-navy-seals/

Since President Barack Obama announced that “a small team of Americans” had killed Osama bin Laden, US government officials have carefully stuck to the line that they will not talk about which units were involved.

Obama did not say it was the SEALs. In numerous television appearances, Obama’s counter-terrorism chief John Brennan didn’t and his deputy national security adviser Denis McDonough didn’t. Despite the numerous news reports that named the SEALs, none of the anonymous briefers from the CIA and Pentagon would confirm it.

Here’s a typical response to a question about the SEALs from a senior defence official in a Pentagon briefing on Monday:

QUESTION: Can I ask you, can you confirm that it was a (Navy) SEAL team? And was this a specially designated team that had been practising or reviewing intelligence for a while and they were the unit of choice?

SENIOR DEFENCE OFFICIAL:  Not going to comment on units or numbers.

But here’s what the legendarily verbose and loose-lipped Vice President Joe Biden said at a dinner at Washington’s Ritz Carlton Hotel last night to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council:

Let me briefly acknowledge tonight’s distinguished honorees.  Admiral James Stavridis is a, is the real deal.  He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday.

And:

Folks, I’d be remiss also if I didn’t say an extra word about the incredible events, extraordinary events of this past Sunday.  As Vice President of the United States, as an American, I was in absolute awe of the capacity and dedication of the entire team, both the intelligence community, the CIA, the SEALs.  It just was extraordinary.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hey Biden Loose Lips Can Get People Killed You Big Dummy
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
Anyone and everyone that knows anything about US covert operations knows that the Seals were the obvious participants. Outing them is like revealing that soldiers are buried at Arlington, or that the Army trains officers at West Point.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
Anyone and everyone that knows anything about US covert operations knows that the Seals were the obvious participants. Outing them is like revealing that soldiers are buried at Arlington, or that the Army trains officers at West Point.

why is it that so often the point goes completely over your head?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
I see no point in this, other than you want to dump on Biden, because that is how you seem to get your jollies.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »
I see no point in this, other than you want to dump on Biden, because that is how you seem to get your jollies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110512/pl_afp/usattacksbinladenmilitarysecurity;_ylt=Ap55i57PL.gC2Wpcvb8cUhis0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQ2Zm9hcDNxBGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDExMDUxMi91c2F0dGFja3NiaW5sYWRlbm1pbGl0YXJ5c2VjdXJpdHkEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwMxBHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDZ2F0ZXNpbmNyZWFz

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Defense Secretary Robert Gates voiced concern Thursday about the safety of the US Navy SEAL team that killed Osama bin Laden and said security would be stepped up for the commandos.

"When I met with the team last Thursday, they expressed a concern about that, and particularly with respect to their families," Gates told Marines at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.

He said he could not divulge details publicly but that "we are looking at what measures can be taken to pump up the security."

The raid against bin Laden's compound less than two weeks ago has sparked an avalanche of media attention around the secretive Navy SEAL "Team Six" that carried out the operation.

Reporters have traveled to Virginia to try to uncover more details of the SEAL team, which is based at Dam Neck, and retired SEALs are in high demand as guests for television news broadcasts.

"I think there has been a consistent and effective effort to protect the identities of those who participated in the raid. I think that has to continue," said Gates, whose remarks were carried live on the Pentagon's television channel.

He joked about how details of the raid leaked out even though there had been an understanding among the president's top deputies at a White House meeting to keep information about the operation secret.

"Frankly a week ago Sunday, in the (White House) situation room, we all agreed that we would not release any operational details from the effort to take out bin Laden," he said.

"That all fell apart on Monday, the next day."

The role of the more than 20 SEALs who carried out the helicopter assault on bin Laden's hideout in Pakistan was first publicly confirmed by CIA Director Leon Panetta and Vice President Joe Biden in the days after the raid.

Team Six is an elite unit drawn from the already elite ranks of the SEALs, an acronym for sea, air and land.

The unit is so secret that the military does not openly acknowledge its existence, but its reputation has taken on near mythic proportions and features in books, films and video games.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
And yet, they have a patch to identify themselves as members.

I am reminded of that David Hasselhoff TV series that started:

"This is the story of a man who does not exist."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
And yet, they have a patch to identify themselves as members.

I am reminded of that David Hasselhoff TV series that started:

"This is the story of a man who does not exist."

once again you missed it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/12/eveningnews/main20062410.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

Whose Idea was it to carry cameras?

Is this good for the soldier or inhibiting?