BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
QOTD
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »
“When the editorial pages of The New York Times accuse the BBC of anti-Western bias it is worth taking notice. It is a little like Osama bin Laden accusing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of being a bit harsh on the Jews.” (Gerard Baker @ The Times - UK)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: QOTD
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »
"Once upon a time, people who wanted limitless government and made trouble around the globe were called Communists. Today, of course, they’re known as conservatives. If that’s just semantics, call me anti-semantic."

--Joseph Sobran
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
"Once upon a time, people who wanted limitless government and made trouble around the globe were called Communists. Today, of course, they’re known as conservatives. If that’s just semantics, call me anti-semantic."--Joseph Sobran

Not quite.  They're called big Government Republicans.  Nothing even remotely conservative in the traditional venue of conservatism.  But if it make you feel better, the current crop of BGR's are trying their darndest to look like your typical lib.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 01:44:25 AM »
Think about that, bring them all out, redeploy them all by March 31, 2008...all United States Combat Forces from Iraq except for a limited number that are essential for the following purposes: 1. Protecting the United States and coalition personnel and infrastructure. How does that small contingency do that? 2. Training and equipping Iraqi forces. How does that small contingency do that? 3. Conducting target and counter-terrorism operations. My gosh, every one of them would be murdered right on the spot if we did not have enough people to take care of them. This is ridiculous!  -- Sen. Orrin Hatch.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »
Conducting target and counter-terrorism operations. My gosh, every one of them would be murdered right on the spot if we did not have enough people to take care of them. This is ridiculous!  -- Sen. Orrin Hatch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being as the very same assholic Orrin Hatch voted to monger this unwinnable stoopid beyond imaginatio war, HE is ridiculous.

There is no way the US will ever win an Iraqi civil war. It's time to getb the eff out, NOW!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 02:19:12 PM »
There is no way the US will ever win an Iraqi civil war. It's time to getb the eff out, NOW!

Who says the US wants to win an Iraqi Civil War? I believe their goal is to maintain a semblance of order until the legitimately elected government can win the Civil War.

If they did want to win the Civil War they would be mounting airstrikes on Sadr City and Sunni strongholds.