Author Topic: Ethics panel: No rules broken in Foley case, but Republicans negligent  (Read 1546 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Friday, December 08, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The House ethics committee has concluded that Republican leaders did not break any rules in handling ex-Rep. Mark Foley's improper advances to former male pages but were negligent in protecting the teenagers, a congressional aide said Friday.

The committee was releasing its findings Friday. The aide, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, was made aware of the committee's findings.

"The Republicans did not break rules but were negligent in protecting the pages," the aide said.

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

yellow_crane

Re: Ethics panel: No rules broken in Foley case, but Republicans negligent
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 01:58:30 AM »

What republican wants his name associated with Mark Foley?

But what Republican really wants his blood?

What Democrat, for that matter?  He is the enemy sure, but a homosexual given over to the wolves seems relevantly distasteful.

Several media sources that seem somewhat fair about being somewhat bipartisan reported that many republicans knew of Foley's sexual swing,  and tv pundits on the political talk shows seemed to intimate many many republicans knew. 

It will be interesting to see how gay groups react to the unfindings.

My prediction is that it--the clap, clap all done-- will quickly fade Foley away.

Perhaps there is a troublesome nagging in the consciences of most Americans, who, before the Neocon urging, really didn't care all that much about seeing Homosexuals treated in America like Jews and homosexuals were treated in early Nazi Germany.

I myself would rather not see a publically exposed homosexual bonfired by many of America's self-righteous reverential leaders.  The Newest Testament seems to have it written that God does, in fact, hate gays.  True to spirit, the Religious Right was reported to be woefully umbraged when Foley was outed.  I would have thought those particular Christians understood that money trumps all, and all that money Foley raised was really for fighting the devil.

Heretofore, Foley did not seem to be despised by anyone, in any party, unless his money efficient to the republican party was 'despised' by dem strategists, but I doubt it.  Grudgingly respected and hoped he'd break a leg, but not despised. 

Feed him to the base Christians, and they will relish despising him.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »
" I would have thought those particular Christians understood that money trumps all, and all that money Foley raised was really for fighting the devil. "

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I am glad this was not so.

We are better off with Foley purged.

But do you really think that it was Fundamentalist pressure that purged him?

yellow_crane

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 02:57:25 AM »
" I would have thought those particular Christians understood that money trumps all, and all that money Foley raised was really for fighting the devil. "

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I am glad this was not so.

We are better off with Foley purged.

But do you really think that it was Fundamentalist pressure that purged him?
[/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^V^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, the Republican Party purged him, routinely, automatically, queer sighted, resignation accepted.

I did not say the fundi's purged him.

I spoke of how, in spite of his devil deep sin, nobody really seemed to despise him all that much, even knowing the sin.   A reread will prove that.

What I said about despising him was, if you want him or any homosexual despised, hire a fundi.  They will do it with relish. 

In fact, outside of an admittedly whole herd of insecure men, the ones who raise all the vulgar criticism of gays are Fundis, and of course those who exploit the Fundi fever--the Rove/Nelson Neocon crewes.

There are a lot of gays in DC power.

Is it time for the bonfires, brother plane?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:09:44 AM »
Bonefires not needed , but sincerity in public service might be a good thing.

Foley was busy corrupting youth while composeing penaltys for corrupting youth, this is the leven of the Pharisee.

To place burdens on the people that the leaders will not themselves carry.

If Foley had been honest he would not have been elected , now I wonder how many in simular levels of power are simularly vunerable to exposure .