Author Topic: The Criminal "Administration"  (Read 6167 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Criminal "Administration"
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »
sirs, You seem to only be posting replies simply to be contrary and not to try to meet someone halfway with some kind of resolution.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but where is the halfway part in taking someone eles's hard earned money and "giving" it to others that YOU have determined needs it more.  Where is my say in that decision making?

I'm done.

Ok.  Still doesn't refute the facts of everyone including the poor getting richer in this country, under a capitalistic systent, or you clarifying which is it, a finite wealth pie chart, or that everyone has technically gotten richer in this country, but when you're done, you're obviously done

Where did anyone say that someone's money should be taken and given to someone else?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »
sirs, You seem to only be posting replies simply to be contrary and not to try to meet someone halfway with some kind of resolution.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but where is the halfway part in taking someone eles's hard earned money and "giving" it to others that YOU have determined needs it more.  Where is my say in that decision making?

I'm done.

Ok.  Still doesn't refute the facts of everyone including the poor getting richer in this country, under a capitalistic systent, or you clarifying which is it, a finite wealth pie chart, or that everyone has technically gotten richer in this country, but when you're done, you're obviously done

Where did anyone say that someone's money should be taken and given to someone else?

Every time the notion that "the rich aren't paying their fair share" rears its ugly head.  Every time the left claims they know what's best for everyone else, and requires all of us to "invest" in their notion of what's best
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

fatman

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »
Ah !  I often post articles and editorials with which i don't necessarily agree.

When Post 41 was active after 9-11 i had a whole section featuring articles from the anti-war left.

And i certainly don't agree with Sullivan as far as Paul being the best nominee for the GOP.

Sullivan also touted Obama. I would prefer Richardson at this point.

I'm just curious BT, as to your preference of Richardson?  That's my personal pick also.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »
He has experience in the legislative field as a congressman , diplomatic field as the UN Ambassador and executive fields as a governor as well as a cabinet member.

Probably the most rounded candidate the dems are offering.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
I think Richardson would be a great president. He is just not as great a candidate, lamentably.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
The rich are getting richer, that is without doubt.
Good , what is the better alternative? An ebbing tide that lowers all boats? The better prepared do better in good times , but this is a good thing , it helps bring the good times about.

There IS a finite pie chart of America's wealth. 
This is the central error of your thesis , try to support it with something.

Did you even look at the article I linked?  Whether the average middle class family is wealthier that the average middle class family in 1960 is moot. 

Why is this moot? Is not a long term trend for everyone getting more wealthy a good thing to try to keep going?

In relation to the top ten percent who control the most of America's wealth, the average middle class family has not risen in wealth comparable to the average top ten percenter.
True , but not a bad thing at all , since the rise is not proportional there can be jelosy but that there is a rise at all is the good thing. Think of the alternative.

And the POOR have definitely gotten poorer.

Definately not true at all, I look forward to your attempt to support this .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »
Did you know that it is tipical for a successfull buiness to the the third try of its founder after a cupple of heartbreaking failures?

==========================================
Did you actually READ this sentence?

What the poo are you trying to say? What is your point?

I apologise for the clumsy verbage , I should try harder to be clear.

Most of the successfull businesses and large businesses in our country were once small businesses with humble founders.

It is not out of the ordinary for entripenures to fail at their first attempt at establishing a buisiness , most of the businesses currently succeeding are the third attempt at success by their founder.

A system that allows so much failure is a good idea because it puts most of our best resorces in the hands of the highly motivated and highly experienced , they got this experience either by working their way up through the ranks of big business or by failing at small business , or both.