Author Topic: Israelis forge documents to "prove" Iran is developing WMD  (Read 928 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Israelis forge documents to "prove" Iran is developing WMD
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:40:33 PM »
http://original.antiwar.com/porter/2009/12/28/us-intelligence-found-iran-nuke/

interesting story.  The Times of London has fallen for an Israeli scam, using forged documents allegedly "stolen" from Iranian files that "prove" Iran is working on the development of a "neutron initiator," supposedly a component of a nuclear weapons system.

The documents apparently are forgeries.  Sources now rule out the U.S. as a source of the forged material.  The likeliest suspect is now Israel, although British intelligence may also have played a role.

Just as in the case of Iraq, this proves that there are interests determined to provoke war and invasion of yet another Middle Eastern country with substantial oil reserves, to the obvious benefit of Israel.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Israelis forge documents to "prove" Iran is developing WMD
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:09 PM »
hey whatever it takes, you of all people should appreciate that!!!
why fault Israel for this yet give the man-made global warming crowd a pass?

help me understand and don't give me the standard horseshit answer.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:33:03 PM »
Well, like the CBS documents, can't this be a case of "the documents are fake, but the information is real"?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »
d'oh       ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
<<hey whatever it takes, you of all people should appreciate that!!!>>

"Whatever it takes" is an appropriate philosophy but it still leaves open the question, what DOES "it" take?

In this case, "whatever it takes" means coming to an agreement with your hostile neighbours rather than trying to get your powerful friend to administer a thrashing to one of them. 

The current Israeli policy of engineering conflicts between their enemies and the U.S.A. is bound to backfire badly on two fronts.   Sooner or later the U.S. will get tired of being suckered by Israel into endless and costly conflict with their Muslim enemies and if the current crop of U.S. politicians doesn't get it, a new crop that does, will replace them.  The use of fake documents to engineer unnecessary conflict is a sure-fire way of pissing off those who are asked to fight Israel's battles for it.  At some point, somebody is bound to add up the costs of Iraq, Homeland Security, the subsidizing of Egypt, Jordan and other Arab puppets, the subsidizing of Israel and go, WHOAHH, what's going on here?    And furthermore, the punishment administered to Iran is just not going to last; they'll recover, and with an even greater determination to punish Israel.  Today they want to punish Israel for its treatment of the the Palestinians; if the current Israeli government succeeds in pushing the U.S.. into war with Iran, tomorrow Iran will want to punish Israel for what the U.S.. does to Iran.

<<why fault Israel for this . . . >>

Why fault Israel?  It's self-evident.  They're lying to the U.S. government and people to get them to put the screws to Iran, an action that is bound to be costly to the U.S. and possibly dangerous as well.   Why WOULDN'T you fault Israel for that?

<< . . . yet give the man-made global warming crowd a pass?>>

Most scientific opinion - - at least among scientists most closely involved in the fields of climatology and related science - - still seems to favour the man-made global warming theories, so I'm not sure that this issue compares to Israel creating a forged document for U.S. consumption.  Apples and oranges again.  Plus, as I've said before, I'm not expert enough to judge the science of it, so I have to rely on the scientific experts that I feel are reliable, most of whom, as I've said, seem to believe in man-made global warming.

BSB

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 03:06:03 AM »
...--..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:57:28 AM by BSB »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
...--..

Sun Microsystems? What do they have to do with it?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »
When the Scientific American or Science magazine or the National Geographic decides that man-made global warming is a hoax, and more importantly, that humans cannot make a positive difference by cutting down on CO2 and other man-made emissions, then I will accept that it is a hoax. Even Shell Oil agrees that it is for real, and is running ads promoting action to cut down on emissions.

Those opposed to it are surprisingly reminiscent of Big Tobacco "scientists" of the 1960's and '70's.

As for the Israelis, they spend millions in the US trying to influence public opinion. Unfortunately, they are often successful. But that does not mean that they are right.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »
Googling SMI (which Ami's comment leads me to believe might be the NYSE symbol for Sun Microsystems Inc.) also yields Snow Machines Inc., a manufacturer of snow-removal machines, presumably including snow-blowers. 

Cute.