Author Topic: Joint Chiefs all agree: sending more troops is bad idea.  (Read 1836 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: Joint Chiefs all agree: sending more troops is bad idea.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 06:47:13 AM »
Then one has to wonder why the new Democratic Congress is suggesting it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
President Bush is suggesting it.  Sen. Reid says he'd go along with it but only if it were for a period of 2-3 months.
And I don't agree with him even on that short amount of time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061217/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq_1
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »
President Bush is suggesting it.  Sen. Reid says he'd go along with it but only if it were for a period of 2-3 months.

Dec. 5. 2006 - In a surprise twist in the debate over Iraq, Rep. Silvestre Reyes, the soon-to-be chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said he wants to see an increase of 20,000 to 30,000 U.S. troops as part of a stepped up effort to “dismantle the militias.”

The soft-spoken Texas Democrat was an early opponent of the Iraq war and voted against the October 2002 resolution authorizing President Bush to invade that country. That dovish record got prominently cited last week when Speaker-designate Nancy Pelosi chose Reyes as the new head of the intelligence panel.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16062351/site/newsweek/
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

domer

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:33 PM »
This is what I'll call "the return to horseshit" style of debate. I was wasn't aware that, unless announced as such, a politician's public comments become emblazoned in stone, never to be rethought.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 04:03:19 PM »
I don't agree with Rep. Reyes.