Author Topic: Terra  (Read 1613 times)

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Terra
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
For heaven's sake whatever you do, DON'T LEAVE!!!  It's good to see you again and I was wondering where you had disappeared to. 

Rich's comments were insane and  childish.  So what.  Don't let him chase you out of here.  We need more folks from Charm City around here.  Gives the place some class, dontcha know?  And if we get a little crabby from time to time, hey, that's what you'd expect from denizens of the Land of Pleasant Living!

Stay.  The soup's just not as spicy without a touch of Earth Antelope!
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Cynthia

Re: Terra
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:50:44 PM »
For heaven's sake whatever you do, DON'T LEAVE!!!  It's good to see you again and I was wondering where you had disappeared to. 

Rich's comments were insane and  childish.  So what.  Don't let him chase you out of here.  We need more folks from Charm City around here.  Gives the place some class, dontcha know?  And if we get a little crabby from time to time, hey, that's what you'd expect from denizens of the Land of Pleasant Living!

I agree, Terra.
With my get out of jail free card offered to Richpo, I still think we all get off the mark from time to time with tempers. StAY!
I've missed your slant on life. ;)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »
please stay
I understand going away sometimes to cool off
I did it.
we need your prerspective
but if it does get  too much it`s ok to take alittle leave
serious I was really pissed.
but also these heated moment can be educational
I`ve learned so many types of thinkiing here.
good or bad it can be educational.
give it a try

Knutey

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 02:33:07 AM »

Stay away as I would like to do and let them steep in their RW crap.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »
Stay away as I would like to do and let them steep in their RW crap.

Who forces you to come back?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:47:42 AM »
<<Who forces you  [Knute] to come back?>>

Who forces psychiatrists to work in the mental hospitals?  Who forces teachers to fight illiteracy?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »
Who forces psychiatrists to work in the mental hospitals?  Who forces teachers to fight illiteracy?

They're paid to do so.

Last time I checked, BT didn't pay anyone to post here. If he does, I'm still awaiting my check...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »
Some of us see a desperate need for sanity and enlightenment and try to provide even without getting paid for it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
Some of us see a desperate need for sanity and enlightenment and try to provide even without getting paid for

======================================================================
I personally find chatting in this forum is an interesting and stimulating discussion, that is hard to have in any other venue. In my university at lunchtime, my colleagues spend way to much time discussing the hapless Dolphins or whether the Marlins are likely to leave Miami due to the city's inability to build them a bazillion dollar stadium with skyboxes for the local bigwigs, and stuff like that.

I try to have a discussion over a PBS special on "Intelligent design", and one guy says he believes in it, and no one has seen the special.

People get too het up over religion and politics to discuss them intelligently over lunch, I find. This forum is a better place for such discussions.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
It's cool, plus I really would have a hard time finding guys like Rich or sirs to converse with in real life.  Well, not Rich, actually, I know quite a few hard-core Zionists.  Every time we start to get into it in real life, our wives shut us up.  This is a little less mediated.

Cynthia

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 01:37:42 PM »
I personally find chatting in this forum is an interesting and stimulating discussion, that is hard to have in any other venue. In my university at lunchtime, my colleagues spend way to much time discussing the hapless Dolphins or whether the Marlins are likely to leave Miami due to the city's inability to build them a bazillion dollar stadium with skyboxes for the local bigwigs, and stuff like that.

I try to have a discussion over a PBS special on "Intelligent design", and one guy says he believes in it, and no one has seen the special.

People get too het up over religion and politics to discuss them intelligently over lunch, I find. This forum is a better place for such discussions.

At least you get the response.......Yup...I believe in it.....with regard to "Intelligent Design", ha!
I have to hear bitching about children(not appropriate) and other teachers....I eat in my room now. So...I reeeaaly enjoy a good read here.....just wish I could keep up with the intelligent design here on the board! You'all are so smart here.....but I feel at home.

I have the book, "Intelligent Design". I will have to pull it out and try to read it again...heavy reading. Intense, but worth it if someone is willing to talk about it.
Perhaps we could get a sort of book club in here.....nah, Oprah's got that one locked up.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 01:53:30 AM »
I actually get answers here
ex. corn as fuel
I mention how is it possible for the U.S. to grow corn for fuel and foods
here I actually get fact about how it may or may not work
in real life
I get they got plenty of corn and somehow that ends the talk.
fehh!
the people in my reality are abit slower than the folks here
I don`t mean that as a insult to anybody but there a reason I `m here.
I also I get more star trek talk here than out there.
I can mix topics here
out there it`s one person per topic
very few I can talk multiple subjects.
p.s. this is thee only place I can talk math
I swear sometime I`ll think I should quit and be a accountant just for the math.

Cynthia

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 01:56:49 AM »
Kimmie
I admire you so much.
It has been a joy to see you on the 3DHS for so many years.

Cindy

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »
thanks
it`s been quite a learning experience here
I`m just a simple hick from a dirty little mining place in canada
I rarely travel so being exposed to different kinds thinking has been very enriching to me.
this is how simple I am
when I 1st came to america I got a kick out of washing machines
I still think it`s the coolest thing.
I grew up hand washing them.
but i still dry my clothes outside
i just don`t like the feel of them from the machine
it also saves on ultilities