Author Topic: Wait until this hits the fan.  (Read 4378 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wait until this hits the fan.
« on: September 04, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
Core conservatives are smitten with the 44-year-old governor, who opposes abortion in all cases, including rape and incest. And millions of dollars in donations have poured in.

---------------------------------------
Suppose your daughter gets raped by an escaped deranged convict from an entirely different gene pool from your own. Suppose she gets pregnant. Turns out the kid is going to be born some kind of deformed moron that no one will ever want to adopt.

And Sarah Palin has stuck fool on the Supreme Court that agrees with her 100%: Your daughter MUST bear the child, and support it.

Just how many Americans will agree with this scenario? I'm thinking maybe fourteen, possibly counting Kramer.

People with extreme positions about what others must do with their bodies are dangerous and have no business as leaders.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Wait until this hits the fan.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Core conservatives are smitten with the 44-year-old governor, who opposes abortion in all cases, including rape and incest. And millions of dollars in donations have poured in.

Suppose your daughter gets raped by an escaped deranged convict from an entirely different gene pool from your own. Suppose she gets pregnant. Turns out the kid is going to be born some kind of deformed moron that no one will ever want to adopt.

And Sarah Palin has stuck fool on the Supreme Court that agrees with her 100%: Your daughter MUST bear the child, and support it.

Just how many Americans will agree with this scenario? I'm thinking maybe fourteen, possibly counting Kramer.

People with extreme positions about what others must do with their bodies are dangerous and have no business as leaders.

I thought old fucks like you can't make girls pregnant. 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
Your daughter MUST bear the child, and support it.

When has Palin advocated making adoption illegal?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »

Suppose your daughter gets raped by an escaped deranged convict (-----------------------------snip) Suppose she gets pregnant. Turns out the kid is going to be born some kind of deformed moron that no one will ever want to adopt.

"...from an entirely different gene pool from your own."

Is racism in defense of abortion no vice?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 06:33:10 PM »

===================================
I think the rape is the vice here.

It tends to be illegal everywhere.

This no exceptions, no abortion stuff is not something 99% of anyone would agree with, and seems to be the result of people who just are not capable of all the possible implications.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »
I think XO must have hit a raw nerve here, since nobody except Ami wants to even deal with the issue:

plane - -  <<Is racism in defense of abortion no vice?>>

Kramer - - <<I thought old fucks like you can't make girls pregnant. >>

Ami - - <<When has Palin advocated making adoption illegal?>>

=====================================================================

To answer Ami (the other two don't deserve answers) I overheard a woman on the phone discussing the issue and she was mad as hell at the thought that a 14-year-old rape victim is gonna be forced to bear the child.  You seem to have no idea how unpalatable that seems to be to women.

Palin's a breed apart - - no qualms at all about abandoning a newborn Down syndrome baby for politicking, moose hunter and NRA member - - you really think there's gonna be a BOND between her and most other women?  She is a fucking freak-show.  And now the freak-show is going to be advocating forced child-bearing for 14-year-old rape victims?  Lotsa luck, lady.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »

===================================
I think the rape is the vice here.

It tends to be illegal everywhere.

This no exceptions, no abortion stuff is not something 99% of anyone would agree with, and seems to be the result of people who just are not capable of all the possible implications.

Why did you say this!

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
I'm ambivalent about abortion, but  I see nothing wrong with this. If a child has a right to life, it has it regardless of the circumstances of it's conception, doesn't it?

If your belief is that a fetus is entitled to the same protections as anyone else, it's really the only principled position to take.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
And now the freak-show is going to be advocating forced child-bearing for 14-year-old rape victims?  Lotsa luck, lady.

Source?

And you never answered my original question, either.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
<<And you never answered my original question, either.>>

Yes I did, I took it as rhetorical and addressed the issue of forcing the 14-year-old to bear the baby.

The source for Palin refusing abortion to 14-year-old rape victims was the woman I overheard in a telephone conversation, who sounded like she knew what she was talking about, telling the other person about this particular position of Palin's.

After all, if she's against aborting Down syndrome births, she'd have to be against aborting healthy and normal babies  of rapists.  Since the rationale is the "life" of the fetus, it's "humanity," etc., the age or history of the mother should be immaterial.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
Yes I did, I took it as rhetorical and addressed the issue of forcing the 14-year-old to bear the baby.

The source for Palin refusing abortion to 14-year-old rape victims was the woman I overheard in a telephone conversation, who sounded like she knew what she was talking about, telling the other person about this particular position of Palin's.

After all, if she's against aborting Down syndrome births, she'd have to be against aborting healthy and normal babies  of rapists.  Since the rationale is the "life" of the fetus, it's "humanity," etc., the age or history of the mother should be immaterial.

So, you took the comments of some random person and assumed that you could figure out her position from it? And then extrapolate from that position to "she doesn't want anyone to give their kids for adoption, either"?

Why don't you just say "I have no source, I'm just throwing some shit around and hope some of it sticks."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 07:57:14 PM »
<<Why don't you just say "I have no source, I'm just throwing some shit around and hope some of it sticks.">>

Simply because it wouldn't be true.

The woman I overheard sounded like she knew what she was talking about and it was certainly consistent logically with Palin's decision to bring a Down syndrome fetus to term.

So I do have a source and I logic-checked it out and in all probability it's true.

If you're so convinced that it's not true, why don't you research her position yourself instead of attacking my methodology, which is really of no interest to anyone?  I told you what I thought was Palin's position, I told you why I thought so, and you are dissatisfied with the way I came to the conclusion.  Fine.  You're entitled.  I reject your criticism of my methodology.  Now prove I'm wrong.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »
Now prove I'm wrong.

Don't need to. It's just as logically consistant to say that those who support someone who has gotten an abortion are in favor of mandatory abortions.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 08:09:41 PM »
http://www.nbc4.com/news/17382570/detail.html

It's been estimated over 60 percent of American mothers work outside the home. Just under half of that number hold down full time jobs.

If Sara Palin were not working outside the home , would her husbands career as a commercial fisherman and snowmobile champion provide a better liveing for the children in the family ?

Or has her success in the profession of politics opened new resorces for the children and prospered the family?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »
The US political contest is thus poised at a delicate and fascinating moment. It's like the key seconds in a judo bout, to see who gets the better hold and executes the throw. The liberal establishment will try to blitzkrieg Palin into oblivion by charging that she is an extremist, a nut and corrupt. If the liberal elites fail in this, they risk mainstream America seeing their attacks on Palin as attacking the American heartland. Democrats should know from bitter experience that that kind of polarisation leads directly to Democratic defeat.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24289419-7583,00.html

This domestic political story makes Palin the most successful governor in the US. Again, the double standard and hypocrisy of liberal commentators who demean all this is obvious. Did they demean Bill Clinton because he was the governor of the very small state of Arkansas? Hillary Clinton talks of her lifetime of political achievement. Much of that involves not even being governor of a small state, such as Clinton or Sarah Palin, but being the wife of a governor of a small state.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:17:48 PM by Plane »