Author Topic: The Hunting of the (terrorist) Snark  (Read 56932 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Hunting of the (terrorist) Snark
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2008, 04:44:53 AM »
How convenient         :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:23 AM »
Have you ever been a teacher in the public schools?

How confenient, indeed. You have no idea, Sirs of the issue at hand. I will never respect your viewpoint...or BT's. . . because you refuse to see what it is like to work in the very situation-- the very circumstance that comes about because of this issue of NCLB....the very issue that surrounds education in the "thick of it"   ..whether it be a state mandate born from the Fed. mandated, or not.  There is no way you will understand without being a teacher in the classroom. My argument has only been about that arena and the effect it has had on children, directly.

Keep up your spin. You do that with a curl. It will never hold water for me. Never.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:53:22 AM by Cynthia »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2008, 05:12:06 AM »
Have you ever been a teacher in the public schools?

1 year, before I got accepted into PT school, elementary grade level.  Lesson plans, the works. 

How convenient, indeed. You have no idea, Sirs of the issue at hand.

Well, the current "issue at hand" has been your double standard regarding what is right and what is not.  You're right and everyone else who disagrees is wrong on education, based on your experience as a teacher.  You're right and everone who disagrees with you on the war is wrong, based on your non-existant experience as a Government executive, Intelligence agent, or member of the military

I will never respect your viewpoint...or BT's. . .

No one's asking you, or in your case, demanding you to.  Which is sad, since I disagree with many here, but I can at least respect their viewpoint.  Fatman & Prince are 2 prominent examples, as as yours. 

There is no way you will understand without being a teacher in the classroom. My argument has only been about that arena and the effect it has had on children, directly.

Well, being that I have, albeit briefly...so much for that tact.

Keep up your spin. You do that with a curl. It will never hold water for me. Never.

I'll try best to keep up with yours, but I've got a long ways to go, I'm afraid
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2008, 06:30:45 AM »
What was he supposed to do with it? He couldn't use it; anyone he might want to sell it to could probably never get it out of the country with the restrictions we had imposed; and giving it or selling it to us would have been seen as caving in to us.

He may have been waiting for a chance to use it, but obviously we were never going to give him that chance.

Make all the excuses you want for Bush, he was still wrong.

We would have prevented him from getting rid of his nuclear materials?

He could not have sold it to France for a big bundle of Euros?

I think it clear that Saddam had hope of returning to his former habits.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2008, 06:49:19 AM »
As opposed to repeating the DNC/MoveOn BS, that despite ZIP quotes in context, that it's always been about an imminent attack with multiple nukes, that Mission Accomplished meant we're done, time to go home, that Saddam was behind 911.  Just not possible for folks like yourself to believe anything else, is it

Sorry, wrong again. Unlike some, I don't check in with any political party or hack group to see what I am supposed to think about the issues, large or small. I have a rather large list of news and information sources I read regularly, I compare notes and make up my own mind. I even take into consideration the loads and loads of BS you regularly dish out, though I have to admit, stacked up against the other sources, it doesn't get much weight.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
As opposed to repeating the DNC/MoveOn BS, that despite ZIP quotes in context, that it's always been about an imminent attack with multiple nukes, that Mission Accomplished meant we're done, time to go home, that Saddam was behind 911.  Just not possible for folks like yourself to believe anything else, is it

Sorry, wrong again. Unlike some, I don't check in with any political party or hack group to see what I am supposed to think about the issues, large or small.  I have a rather large list of news and information sources I read regularly, I compare notes and make up my own mind

That's funny....so do I.  I guess we must be both wrong.  Go figure

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
Sorry, wrong again. Unlike some, I don't check in with any political party or hack group to see what I am supposed to think about the issues, large or small.  I have a rather large list of news and information sources I read regularly, I compare notes and make up my own mind

That's funny....so do I.  I guess we must be both wrong.  Go figure

===============================
It is curiously strange that Sirs' "independent opinions" are almost exactly identical to those of the Neocons and Juniorbush.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
And yet....H's & Xo's "independent opinions" are nearly identical to the DNC, MoveOn, Liberal Hollywood &, and George Soros.  Amazing, isn't it

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »
Not really, I was against invading Iraq from day one.
I knew that Cheney, Condibird and Juniorbush were lying like rugs, and were all hirelings of Big Oil... not hard to realize: Cheney was an ex-president of Halliburton, Juniorbush was the son of a hack that went to Saudi Arabia in the 1980's and BEGGED the king for higher oil process, and Condibird had a tanker named after her.

Together, they were a triumvirate of Joe Subarus, almost cartoonish in their villany and deception.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »
Not really, I was against invading Iraq from day one.  I knew that Cheney, Condibird and Juniorbush were lying like rugs, and were all hirelings of Big Oil

I do believe so does Soros, Liberal Hollywood, MoveOn, and every other uber-liberal group/organization/PAC.  So, yea, really

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »
But they were hirelings of Big Oil. Their statements are questionable. It is not my fault Soros saw the same thing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »
Which does nothing to refute how nearly exactly your "independent opinions" dovetail precisely with the hard core liberal anti-Bush contingent of this country.

Again, the double standard on grand display......rabid anti-Bush opinions and baldfaced lies about Bush lies are the supposed product of thoughtful well reasoned, fully researched observations & readings, but such opinions that are not in agreement must, by design, be directly attributed to neocons & Bush, with no thought what-so-ever

Truely, remarkable

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

I am afaraid I did assume faslely that you could not mean arresting triggermen only , I must be giveing your thinking to much credit for being thought out.

Either that or I seem to have given you too much credit. Your oversimplification of everything makes this conversation ridiculous.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »
Again, the double standard on grand display......rabid anti-Bush opinions and baldfaced lies about Bush lies are the supposed product of thoughtful well reasoned, fully researched observations & readings, but such opinions that are not in agreement must, by design, be directly attributed to neocons & Bush, with no thought what-so-ever

I don't think I have ever assigned such motives to you. You are free to draw your own conclusions, and I can respect the fact that they differ from mine. Where you run into trouble with me is belittling mine and my thought processes with comments like 'reasonable people think this' or 'logical people think like this', somehow hinting that I am unreasonable or illogical, or otherwise insulting my intelligence. Then I have no qualms bringing out the fireworks. You have the very bad habit of speaking down to others and taking a superior tone rather than stopping to think that it is entirely possible to consider the facts and information available and come to entirely different conclusions than your own. And for that, I generally ignore you. You've pulled that shit so many times, you're not worth the trouble anymore.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

I don't think I have ever assigned such motives to you.

No, not at all.  "Unlike some, I don't check in with any political party or hack group to see what I am supposed to think about the issues", is simply a phrase of endearment

You are free to draw your own conclusions, and I can respect the fact that they differ from mine. Where you run into trouble with me is belittling mine and my thought processes with comments like 'reasonable people think this' or 'logical people think like this', somehow hinting that I am unreasonable or illogical, or otherwise insulting my intelligence.

And I have no problem with people who disagree with the president, or with going to war, or with me.  Where you run into trouble is belittling the common sense of believing the overwhelming intel that nearly every leader believed also, and literally demeaning those that actually support the notion that a free and democratic Iraq is a good thing, with the apparent insidious need to bash Bush at every turn, and anyone that supports what common sense also supported.  It was common sense to believe that Saddam, left completely unfettered by inspectors, would be indeed restocking his WMD stockpiles.  The intel simply validated such.  It was common sense to believe that terrorists who perpetrated 911, would also love to get their hands on some of Saddam's WMD.  It was common sense to believe that terrorists and Saddam could actually work out arrangements against a common enemy, the U.S.  Intel simply reinforced the direct and indirect  ties that Iraq had with Islamic terrorists.  Yet when that point is brought up, you get all defensive, claiming some personal insult and attack.  Yea, the intel got it wrong, but at the time, it was supposedly a "slam dunk", AND it was common sense to think so as well

Yea, there have been moments you'd get my anger up, and I'd ratchet up my condescending tone in response.  It's never been meant personally, and if you believed so, my apologies.  It's always been aimed at my frustration of who I consider rationally minded folks, allowing a predisposition of being opposed to war and/or to Bush, completely mucking up that rational thought process.   Basically seeing what they want to see, and damn any facts to the contrary.  I can say that because I have indeed criticized Bush on many tangents, including some regarding the war, especially the initial post mission accomplished phase.   I don't recall any of those on the other side concedeing anything to Bush, conceding any accomplishment, conceding any gains made on the war against Militant islam.  Instead, I keep seeing the same cries of supposed lying us into war, he's a war criminal, it's just for the oil, AMBE like that.  Some are even salivating at the idea that AlQeada will come back and hit the U.S. again, if not its military forces in the area.  Not that you have made such a repetition of such.  My issues with you are in the paragraph above, though again, I don't recall even you conceding anything even remotely (+) about Bush & the war.  Am I wrong?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:35:03 PM by sirs »