Author Topic: The Sheik was a fake just like everything else in the Bush Admenstruation  (Read 1903 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Sheik was a fake just like everything else in the Bush Admenstruation
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »
<<Don't you think that male infants might bleed when they are circumcised? Does that make all Jews horrible?>>

A couple of drops.  Nothing like what was done to that kid.  And on the 8th day of life, not when they're already toddlers. 

Personally I'm opposed to the idea of circumcision, it's just ritual infant mutilation in my book, but when the time came, I had my son circumcised and I've attended the circumcisions of my two grandsons, one just three months ago.  I hate the idea of it, but it's like a chain letter only more serious.  This is something that happened to you, your dad, your grandfather and so on theoretically all the way back to Abraham, so how are you gonna be the first guy in the chain to break it after what could be thousands of years?  What if there's really a God?  This could be a serious fuck-up that doesn't get overlooked, and even if there isn't a God, you broke a chain that all your male ancestors were part of.  It's much easier to just go ahead with it.  The kid gets over it soon enough.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
Personally I'm opposed to the idea of circumcision, it's just ritual infant mutilation in my book, but when the time came, I had my son circumcised and I've attended the circumcisions of my two grandsons, one just three months ago.  I hate the idea of it, but it's like a chain letter only more serious.  This is something that happened to you, your dad, your grandfather and so on theoretically all the way back to Abraham, so how are you gonna be the first guy in the chain to break it after what could be thousands of years?  What if there's really a God?  This could be a serious fuck-up that doesn't get overlooked, and even if there isn't a God, you broke a chain that all your male ancestors were part of.  It's much easier to just go ahead with it.  The kid gets over it soon enough.

And a Shi'a Muslim might go through that exact same thought process.

If this bothers you, you ought to read about the Aboriginal Australians coming of age ceremonial practices.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »
<<And a Shi'a Muslim might go through that exact same thought process.

<<If this bothers you, you ought to read about the Aboriginal Australians coming of age ceremonial practices.>>

Yeah you're right.  I just found that picture really disturbing.  Everyone's got their own crazy customs.  Probably why we live in such a fucked-up world.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
<<And a Shi'a Muslim might go through that exact same thought process.

<<If this bothers you, you ought to read about the Aboriginal Australians coming of age ceremonial practices.>>

Yeah you're right.  I just found that picture really disturbing.  Everyone's got their own crazy customs.  Probably why we live in such a fucked-up world.

I think it would be different if they were killing their children, causing permanent harm, or we had some indication that Shi'a Muslims are more prone to child abuse than Sunni Muslims, Christians, Jews, Atheists, etc. But I haven't seen any such data.

Interestingly, I have read where they find some of our western customs concerning child rearing to be very uncaring. For example, putting a child in another room by themselves at a very young age. Also, allowing an infant to cry him/herself to sleep are seen as inhumane.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
<<Don't you think that male infants might bleed when they are circumcised? Does that make all Jews horrible?>>

A couple of drops.  Nothing like what was done to that kid.  And on the 8th day of life, not when they're already toddlers. 

Some years back in a debate with Rich - yes, the one and the same - he brought up an excellent point about circumcision. I believe he said something like even if you doubt doing it, it's for the best for the son to look like the father, that it would make those issues easier (fewer questions, etc.)

I always thought that was a wonderful point, and perhaps the point of the whole thing, period.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
I think the point is lost, really.

;)
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 03:38:23 PM »
<<Some years back in a debate with Rich - yes, the one and the same - he brought up an excellent point about circumcision. I believe he said something like even if you doubt doing it, it's for the best for the son to look like the father, that it would make those issues easier (fewer questions, etc.)>>

Never entered into my consideration, though I've heard it before.  In the first place, I don't stand around comparing pricks with my son, and in the second place, I ENCOURAGED all my kids to ask questions about anything and everything.  We never thought that issues had to be easy.  We don't live in an easy world.

Pure and simple, it's tradition, encouraged by a small party (well, it's supposed to be a small party) and the fear that your son will grow up to despise you if you broke the chain only after his birth, like he was too delicate to suffer what is only a few seconds of pain.  Plus the fact that you don't really know if there's a God or not, but there's a sense that if there is one, you don't want to piss him off on what could be a potentially major issue.

The biggest argument against, IMHO, is that it might be desensitizing the head of the penis and depriving the kid of an extra measure of sexual pleasure that nobody ever misses because nobody (except the uncircumcized) ever knows.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
Never entered into my consideration, though I've heard it before.  In the first place, I don't stand around comparing pricks with my son

Well, damn. I don't think anyone suggested that you did.

The point is that kids are curious.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »
<<The point is that kids are curious.>>

So they should be.  My approach is, let'em ask away.  There's a lot to be curious ABOUT.