Author Topic: I want to see Herman & Barry Debate  (Read 1132 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: I want to see Herman & Barry Debate
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »
You mentioned

"Ease white guilt for those who suffer it"

which is annoyingly realistic , I hate the idea so much I don't even like to benefit from it.

Yes i did. And that was part of this thought:

Cain has an excellent background in business management. That will keep the elephants in the tent and draw a lot of people who voted for Obama the first time for no other reason than it was an historic opportunity to elect a black man.

So its a two-fer with Cain. Ease white guilt for those who suffer it and fiscal conservatism for those who like that cup o' tea.

My guess is Cains fiscal conservatism would the attractant for you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
The fact that YOU think that Herman Cain is the best candidate does not actually determine whether he will get the nomination or not. If everyone in the country were exactly like you, this would be a valid assumption, but they are not.

Just as the president and VP are from different backgrounds, it makes sense to the parties not to run two candidates from the same minority, or two women on the same ticket.

Cain will be too old or forgotten by 2016.He will get some attention, and some nice memorabilia for his descendants. But no, he will not get the nomination.

This is not up to me. I am just stating the unspoken rules of presidential candidacy. In the same way, a totally competent candidate could not get the nomination if he were too short, too fat or too bald. It would be much harder if he had a vaguely obscene surname, like Lipschitz, Fokker, Nippler or Fuchs.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:10 AM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle