Author Topic: Chain mail  (Read 1341 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Chain mail
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 05:34:54 AM »
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Make_a_Suit_of_Chainmail_Armor_From_Soda_Can_Tabs

Now pass this link on to ten other people you know.

DO NOT BREAK THE CHAIN. 

A person on MSN broke the chain and his mailbox got filled with ads for male enhancement aids.  A blogger broke the chain and got irrelevant replies to her posts.  A well-known news anchor broke the chain and got caught using questionable sources.  A chain-breaking professional baseball player was found to be using steroids.

Coincidence?  I think not.  DO NOT BREAK THE CHAIN! 
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »
Why would you want to make one out of soda can tabs when it's just as easy to make a real one out of wire?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

fatman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 12:51:47 PM »
I have a friend who does that Ami, wickedly neat stuff he makes.  I've showed him how to heat it with an oxy/acetylene torch to give the rings different colors, some of the stuff he makes is amazing.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
 <<A blogger broke the chain and got irrelevant replies to her posts.  A well-known news anchor broke the chain and got caught using questionable sources.  A chain-breaking professional baseball player was found to be using steroids.

Coincidence?  I think not.  DO NOT BREAK THE CHAIN! >>

Wait...A blogger got irrevelant replies?? Dang I'm glad I didn't break the chain!
Too funny, Pooch.
Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it! 
I was trying to help my neighbor get unstuck.  Their car was in the middle of the street,  a street covered with about 8 inches of snow on top of an inch of ice.

Ami,
I would rather work with the plain wire, but I like the looks of this project.  Very nice looking garment.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »
the aluminum would be a lot lighter than steel.

I saw some products like this for sale at the Coca Cola Museum in Atlanta , but the method was simpler.

Crochet a garment ,every other row include a tab in every other stitch. try to overlap uniformly.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »