Author Topic: Nightime Reading  (Read 7479 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nightime Reading
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 12:36:02 AM »
Never moved once.  The issue has been was the Bushmaster used, not present, but used.  The left claims it was used to kill.  If wasn't used, their cries for how terrible the Bushmaster is, with the need to ban them and their magaizines, reigns completely debunked
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »
Both your 16 and NBC's report claimed the Bushmaster was left in the car.

It is possible that Lantz brought the Bushmaster in with him, but it jammed. I don't recall any reports about that. The Aurora stories were pretty quick in pointing out the Ar-15 type rifle jammed and then the shooter switched to pistols.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »
That's all nice and speculative, but not designated the truth.  As you said, the truth is what we're looking for here, and if the truth demonstrates that the Bushmaster was not used, then all this MSM crying about the need to ban these killing machines with their magazines is rendered moot

Which is why you here prescious little from the MSM on this issue
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »
The truth is both you and NBC claimed the Bushmaster was left in the car. Nothing speculative about that.

But your truth differs from that of the State of Connecticut, which has first hand knowledge of the facts to the crime.

I am inclined to accept their truth.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »
Jammed?

That would be poor advertising.

Can guns get so amart that they jam when the target is innapropriate?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 01:38:41 AM »
The truth is both you and NBC claimed the Bushmaster was left in the car. Nothing speculative about that.

But your truth differs from that of the State of Connecticut, which has first hand knowledge of the facts to the crime.

I am inclined to accept their truth.

A) I'm not claiming anything....I wasn't there.  I'm going by what's being reported
B) left in the car, as in NOT USED.
C) the State of Conn has also reported the presence of the Bushmaster, but still waiting for confirmation on its use. 

I'm inclined to determine the truth of if the Bushmaster was used or not, as THAT's the issue here, not in its mere presence.  So far, it appears not.  But as I said, a simple reference of what brass was found and where will clear that up in a heartbeat

BSB

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:53 AM »
From today's, 1/27/2013, NYTs. The article is titled "Selling a New Generation on Guns".

"The shooting sports foundation, the tax-exempt trade association for the gun industry, is a driving force behind many of the newest youth initiatives. Its national headquarters is in Newtown, just a few miles from Sandy Hook Elementary School, where Adam Lanza, 20, used his mother’s Bushmaster AR-15 to kill 20 children and 6 adults last month."

"The AR-15, the civilian version of the military’s M-16 and M-4, has been aggressively marketed as a cool and powerful step up from more traditional target and hunting rifles. But its appearance in mass shootings — in addition to Newtown, the gun was also used last year in the movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colo., and the attack on firefighters in Webster, N.Y. — has prompted calls for tighter restrictions. The AR-15 is among the guns included in a proposed ban on a range of semiautomatic weapons that was introduced in the Senate last week. "

http://www.skweezer.com/s.aspx/-/www~nytimes~com/2013/01/27/us/selling-a-new-generation-on-guns~html?pagewanted=1&_r=0

In terms of how dangerous a weapon this is it makes little deference whether it was used in the Newtown shooting or not. It is a very dangerous weapon and does not belong in the hands of civilians. I noticed Ret. Gen Stanley McChrystal said the same thing, "should be banned altogether", the other day on the Morning Joe show. McChrystal thinks likes me. Must be a very smart fella.   

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 02:00:18 AM »
So you are backing away from your 16?

Actually, it was reported that the rifle was found in the car.  Kinda hard to shoot anyone if its still in the car. But by all means back up your claim with some report that concludes that rifle rounds were found in the victims. 

We know something was used to shoot those kids, and since high capacity magazines are also a target for restriction i guess the pistols would be on the restricted list too.

I think it is a mistake to focus on one type of firearm over another.

I think that if the liberals want to infringe on the second they need to repeal the second.

That is the line in the sand. 

And then tell them to let us know when they have the votes.

Anything else is just people talking.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 02:11:39 AM »
Sheriff Clarke: “Calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option”

http://fox6now.com/2013/01/25/sheriff-clarke-calling-911-and-waiting-is-no-longer-your-best-option/

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 02:12:52 AM »

BSB

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 02:24:00 AM »
BTW, I tried to tell you guys what the best sidearm for self-defense was and put up an URL, more then once, when I saw one for sale.

This is the best assault rifle.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ur0cDmeHZms/TzjOIBR26MI/AAAAAAAAEpM/FChRUnVOte0/s1600/FN+FAL+rifle.jpg 

You can find them for sale.

One thing about both of the weapons I've mentioned is that you usually won't find them being used in a mass shooting. They're too much gun for that kind of person. Therefore you won't be contributing to these mass murders by keeping guns like the AR15 popular and avilable.

Use your brains. If you do you can have your cake and eat it to.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 02:25:45 AM »
We know something was used to shoot those kids, and since high capacity magazines are also a target for restriction i guess the pistols would be on the restricted list too.

But that's NOT the current set of talking points.  It's all about the rifle, and ITS magazine.  Peirs Morgan is having a caniption on every one of his shows, railing on this "killing machine".  While I agree that more and more restrictions & bans are on the agenda, the current target are these semiautomatic rifles.  If its determined that THE TRUTH is that the Bushmaster wasn't even used, all that emotional crud the left has been pushing on how it was the "weapon of choice for this killer" defuncts the entire Feinstein media circus the other day. 

In this case, TRUTH does matter.   

I think it is a mistake to focus on one type of firearm over another.

I disagree 100%, which I've already demonstrated why

I think that if the liberals want to infringe on the second they need to repeal the second.
That is the line in the sand

Nooo, that's not their MO.  It's incrimentalism.  Previously it was automatic weapons, now its semiautomatic weapons, and magazines greater than 10rounds.  Next it'll be anything that can handle more than 7 rounds.  Eventually the hard core liberals will get their wish as the citizenry left with single shot muskets.....if that.  Of course its all for safety and the children, and if it saves just 1 life....right?

Anything else is just people talking.

Yes & no.  Yes, it's all talk, since the dems don't even have the votes in the senate to pass Feinstein's bill.  But no, it does serve a purpose....a talking point to try and use against Republicans in the next election 2014.  To try and paint them as not just all being racist & greedy, but card carrying NRA members

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:26 AM »
The right to bear arms is a principles issue.

Arguing about gun a vs pistol b is playing their game.

Stick to principles. Make this the hill you die on.

or not

BSB

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »
This is about using your head. That's the problem today. People are stuck in the all or nothing mode. If you use your head you can ban the AR15 and keep the FAL, and/or M1A. Neither of those two combat rifles are going to wind up being the weapon of choice for some nut-job mass murderer.  They're too much gun. They aren't readily available. They cost too much. They need to be taken care of. The ammo is expensive. They kick more then most like. And they require a brain to be used effectively.

The hill I'm going to die on is the hill where thinking people make a stand.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 03:04:04 AM »
The right to bear arms is a principles issue.

And that has been dealt with and reaffirmed by the Supreme Court

Arguing about gun a vs pistol b is playing their game.

No, its dealing with their current tactic AND GETTING TO THE TRUTH

Stick to principles. Make this the hill you die on.

I am.  In the mean time, Not going to wait until we're down to trying to argue for the right to keep & bear single shot muskets