Author Topic: Nightime Reading  (Read 7481 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Nightime Reading
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 03:15:06 AM »
Make sure as you fight that fight that the assertions you make are factual assertions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:45 AM »
And based on the news reporting that was shown, I assumed I was, and intend to continue that trend
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »
"And based on the news reporting that was shown, I assumed I was, and intend to continue that trend"

Naaaaaaaaaaaa, you based your strutting around, calling everyone out, on the news you wanted to hear. You never double checked, thought it over, questioned it. You just reacted emotionally. In fact your whole argument is emotionally based. No one is trying to take away anyone's second amendment rights. The Supreme Court already stated you don't have a right to just any old arm you want. You already can't own lots of firearms. Banning the AR15 would make it just another gun, of many, you can't have. 

Your problem sirs, or one of your problems, is that you know nothing about firearms. And you never will.

BSB
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:32:56 AM by BSB »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
Wow B, you couldn't be more wrong if you....were xo.  Try to stay focused.  Not only do I know more about firearms than you can ever imagine, the issue here was the Bushmaster, and whether it was used or not at Sandy Hook.  NBC and other news snippets indicated it was found in the car, as in not used.  Other reporting has it present, but not reported as used.  If the truth comes out that it was never used, then all this emotional irrationality that the likes of you, xo, and Piers Morgan have been pushing, is made moot

Which is I guess why you're trying to deflect this discussion into some delflective tangent that ironically is also purely emotion driven.  Imagine that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »
Not going to wait until we're down to trying to argue for the right to keep & bear single shot muskets

======================================================================
One can envision the headline now: "Gun Nut killed by zapping himself with his own ramrod".

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
Not only don't you know anything about firearms sirs, you don't even know what thread you're in. The heading of the article in the opening post is "A Few Thoughts On Gun Control", not "Was a Bushmaster used in the Newtown Shooting?". The only deflecting done here was done by you.   

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 02:52:59 PM »
NBC and other news snippets indicated it was found in the car, as in not used.

What other sources were independently stating that the Bushmaster was in the car. And no i am not looking for sources parroting the NBC report.

With NBC's recent record of altering evidence, i don't know why you choose to accept their version, versus the official state version. Even Plane urged you to be cautious of the NBC story in another thread.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
Not only don't you know anything about firearms sirs, you don't even know what thread you're in. The heading of the article in the opening post is "A Few Thoughts On Gun Control", not "Was a Bushmaster used in the Newtown Shooting?". The only deflecting done here was done by you.   

BSB

I can only offer you 1 piece of advice here, B.......focus......and not on emotion, and not on me.  Threads can provide many tangents, this particular one on what confirmation do we have that the Bushmaster was even used.  Not that it was there, but that the "weapon of choice for this killer" was the Bushmaster, which then prompted this whole emotional charge of needing to ban it and its magazines, among many other firearms.  I'd suggest you try to focus your emotion on actual facts and reality.

or not

Sirs

----------------------------------------------------------

And to answer Bt's question, it was merely googled websites presented (not blogs, not townhall, not some person's personal online diary), when trying to find out if the Bushmaster was actually used. 

And the official state version doesn't indicate if the Bushmaster was used, merely present, which is why I answered Plane in this thread, regarding precisely that     ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
Thanks for the update.  That helps a little

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
When NBC refutes their own story i would think it helps a lot, but 2eachtheirown.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Indeed

BSB

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
Now that we're through with the BS about it not having been a Bushmaster we can get on with the subject.

The AR15 based platform is a bad type of weapon and should be banned. Anyone who knows the weapon, knows it's histoy, knows why it was built the way it was, knows it should not be sold to the public. Now, there are plenty of other, better in fact, combat style, self-defense capable, long guns that will remain available to the public.  They are not however attractive to the type of personality that goes on these killing rampages.

Use your brains people that's what it's there for.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
Now subtracting emotion from the left's arguement on the issue, the AR 15 is no different than any other semiautomatic weapon, be it rifles or pistols.  Looks mean & military, but it functions just like any semiautomatic weapon.....1 pull 1 bullet, that's it.  NOT a military assault rifle, as that requires the option of automatic, which has been banned for civilian use for decades now.

The ease of reloading and decreased recoil make it a perfect DEFENSIVE weapon, especially for women and short statured folks.  Not to mention that these rifles are NOT the choice or most murderers, as that'd be semiautomatic handguns, which can fire JUST as fast, and reload JUST as easily.

Being an American, I'll leave it to the individual and freedom of choice to determine for themselves if they want one or deem to need one.  But don't be surprised if leftists masquerading as folks who simply "just know better", erroneously claim they know better what you need, and more to the point, don't need.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
NBC and other news snippets indicated it was found in the car, as in not used.

What other sources were independently stating that the Bushmaster was in the car. And no i am not looking for sources parroting the NBC report.

With NBC's recent record of altering evidence, i don't know why you choose to accept their version, versus the official state version. Even Plane urged you to be cautious of the NBC story in another thread.

"even"Plane?