Author Topic: Ladies & Gentlemen...Meet The Next President of the United States!  (Read 3870 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen...Meet The Next President of the United States!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
  But the mistakes Reagan made were the mistakes of nobility not stupidity, the imperfection that tripped Reagan up this time was his soft heart.
========================================
Reagan was told what to do nearly every step of the way.  He was a pawn. He was told to send troops to Lebanon, probabbly because of Israel. He did not do it because he had a "soft heart". No one sends Marines anywhere because they have a soft heart.

Mondale and Carter were both better human beings that Ronald Stupid Reagan.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
  But the mistakes Reagan made were the mistakes of nobility not stupidity, the imperfection that tripped Reagan up this time was his soft heart.
Reagan was told what to do nearly every step of the way.  He was a pawn.

By whom, and by what eveidence? outside of your say so and "obvious" defenses.  Every president has a set of handpicked advisors.  Is Obama a pawn to those who surround him?  What would be the difference that makes Reagan a pawn, but Obama some king??

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 01:16:46 AM »
Reagan was told what to do nearly every step of the way.  He was a pawn. He was told to send troops to Lebanon, probably because of Israel. He did not do it because he had a "soft heart". No one sends Marines anywhere because they have a soft heart.

Mondale and Carter were both better human beings that Ronald Stupid Reagan.

I find your post to be ,fact free.
     Ronald Reagan makes every president we have had since Eisenhower seem like a mental midget, Yes I know Carter was a Nuclear engineer but I stint my statement not.

Think back on how pale and weak the fortyfirst president seemed when compared to the great communicator.
       Even though BHO has almost nothing at all in common with Reagan , he likes to wear the Reagan mantle , not realising how small he seems in those shoes.

Try to remember the massacres that the Marines were supposed to be halting when they arrived, when you say  "No one sends Marines anywhere because they have a soft heart." you reveal a basic misunderstanding of the Marines and the nation they serve.

I can agree with you that we might have been better off never interfering with the rot of Lebanon, but we would have had to hearden our hearts a lot to watch it continue.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
Reagan was just a has been actor that GE hired to spew corporate propaganda for a decade or so. Her spewed to often that he came to believe his own BS. Every day they handed him a script and he followed it religiously. He was the worst damn president of my lifetime. He provoked wars, ruined discourse in this country and started the mess we are in now.

Just a fatuous blatherer of rightwing crap. To Hell with Reagan and his memory. I hated him then, I hate his memory to this day.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
So, no evidence outside of your all-to-frequently-wrong say so.  Got it      :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
Reagan was just a has been actor that GE hired to spew corporate propaganda for a decade or so. Her spewed to often that he came to believe his own BS. Every day they handed him a script and he followed it religiously. He was the worst damn president of my lifetime. He provoked wars, ruined discourse in this country and started the mess we are in now.

Just a fatuous blatherer of rightwing crap. To Hell with Reagan and his memory. I hated him then, I hate his memory to this day.

I seem to have found an easy way to get your goat.
  I suppose I shouldn't ask you for a contribution for the Reagan-on-Rushmore fund.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
I doubt that any more presidents could fit on Rushmore, unless they were sculpted in miniature versions of those already there.

But no, Reagan has his hand prints in Hollywood, and that is what he deserved, for being such a convincing actor.