Author Topic: Norman Lear's meltdown  (Read 5894 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Norman Lear's meltdown
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »
Intriguing article.....thanks C    8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »
Everyone has opinions H.  I requested an example of something I should be outraged at, not a link.  I'm a frequent critique of the right, when it bears such.  Please provide quote (and context hopefully) similar to the outrage one should be aiming at Lear, for the quotes and context provided for him.  Time of quote would be helpful too

Ball in your court, or keep up with your meltdown.  Either works for me

Meltdown? ROFL, I haven't spent two pages ranting myself silly over someone else's opinion I disagree with.

Sit and spin, Sirs, sit and spin. You got a link you can follow back. That's more than you left.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
Actually, I provided quotes, Bt provided context, which reinforced those quotes, you merely provided a link, so we can dispense with the ridiculosness of claiming you provided more, as to what someone whould be outraged at.  2ndly, providing critique, then RESPONDING to those who questioned it, is hardly "spending 2 pages ranting over someone else's opinion".  But nice try....or should I say, spin
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 01:31:48 PM »
@Sirs

If Rush Limbaugh is accused of racism, does this indicate something about the slanting of the media?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »
I'm not sure where you get the notion of "if".  IIRC, he's blanketed with the accusation.  But to answer your question, the issue goes to who is doing the accusing, and who's doing the fact checking on both the accusation and the accuser?  Is it a credible source?  Are the facts accurate, as portrayed, or have they been manipulated to make an attempted appearance?  Is the media the source, or are they focusing on the latter?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 05:32:46 PM »
Rush deliberately says thi8ngs that appeal to racists, and has spewed a number of racist attitudes. Of course, Rush is paid to do what he does, so his true beliefs are as unknown as Mr Whipple's own toilet paper preference in the Whipple home, or whether Madge really soaks her nails in PalmoliveĀ® dish detergent.

Rush is simply a hireling, and if he says racist stuff (and he does do this from time to time-- just google "Limbaugh racist statements") it is because those who pay his salary find it perfectly okay for Rush to spew racist claptrap.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."