Author Topic: A yet-to-be-asked WH Press Corp question for the President  (Read 556 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A yet-to-be-asked WH Press Corp question for the President
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
"Mr. President, you've said that the country has to stop careening from crisis to crisis.  But we haven't had a federal budget in nearly four years, which has precipitated many of these crises.  Not a single Democrat in the Senate has voted for any budget -- including your own -- since 2009.  Why hasn't the Senate acted in accordance with the law, and why haven't you demanded that your party's Senate Majority Leader do his job?"  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:27:34 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: A yet-to-be-asked WH Press Corp question for the President
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
Yes SIRS I agree, why doesn't Obama as President of the country ask the Senate to put forth a budget?

Isn't that what leadership is all about?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: A yet-to-be-asked WH Press Corp question for the President
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
Here's the kicker, C.  I knew how egregious & irresponsible the Reid's senate has been, and I know why they have been utterly devoid of any mature leadership, as its been a purely political move to try and shield their Senators and Obama from any "unpopular" votes/decisions.  In fact, I read not too long agi, a foreign politician saying something along the lines that "We know what must be done, we just don't know how to get relected, once we've done it"

The kicker though is all this "stuff" about sequester, debt ceiling, continuing resolutions, all these financial crises that "seem" to be coming up, requiring the right to say we have to cut spending and the left to say we have to raise taxes, would all be moot, HAD THE SENATE PERFORMED ITS CONSTITUTIONAL FUNCTION AND PUT FORTH A BUDGET.  Any difference between the Senate's budget and the House's would then go to a conference comittee.  WHERE THE HELL'S THE MSM ON THIS??  I mean, I know why the Senate is shirking its constitutional responsibility, but so to would the media and the WH press corp
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:37:20 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle