Author Topic: [Auto Post]Curbing Your Enthusiasm  (Read 594 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
[Auto Post]Curbing Your Enthusiasm
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:30:05 AM »
Curbing Your Enthusiasm

Paul Krugman, New York Times
Why does the Obama administration keep looking for love in all the wrong places? Why does it go out of its way to alienate its friends, while wooing people who will never waver in their hatred?      Paul Krugman                            
These questions were inspired by the ongoing suspense over whether President Obama will do the obviously right thing and nominate Elizabeth Warren to lead the new consumer financial protection agency. But the Warren affair is only the latest chapter in an ongoing saga.      
Mr. Obama rode into office on a vast wave of progressive enthusiasm. This enthusiasm was...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2010/07/29/curbing_your_enthusiasm_238645.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: [Auto Post]Curbing Your Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
Apart from the Warren issue, which I don't know much about, Krugman hit the nail right on the head.  The list of Obama's failures is just too long to enumerate.  ("Failures" in the sense that he disappointed his most enthusiastic backers, "failures" as in "roads not taken.")  I am left heartsick over this man's performance in office.  Krugman was, if anything, way too laconic in portraying Obama's failures.  On every important issue, he has given in to the conservative right.

Obama deserves to lose and lose big.  If I could vote, I'd never vote for him again, nor would I vote for the Democratic Party.  Their inaction after they were handed a massive mandate for change, the unnecessary compromises they made, all demand a resounding slap in the face from every liberal who ever supported them.  Stay home on Election Day, folks.  Cutting your liberal nose to spite your liberal face?  So be it.