Author Topic: Only Bigots oppose the Mosque....right?  (Read 6022 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Only Bigots oppose the Mosque....right?
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
you act like you see the big picture but clearly you don't! You are a tool!

let's elevate the debate a bit above name calling shall we.

But only if you are capable of doing so.
And if you are capable of debating above the level of name calling:
Why in your mind, would i be a tool?
Of whom?
and to what end?

It's always nice to know when you know you struck a nerve, ouch.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »
you act like you see the big picture but clearly you don't! You are a tool!

let's elevate the debate a bit above name calling shall we.

But only if you are capable of doing so.
And if you are capable of debating above the level of name calling:
Why in your mind, would i be a tool?
Of whom?
and to what end?

It's always nice to know when you know you struck a nerve, ouch.

I see you are incapable of elevating the debate.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »
Yes Henny provided valuable insight. But her reasons for the being against the mosque weren't quite the same as yours, were they?

Location, location, location, and the stupidity of such a location, and the very likelyhood this location will bring about the polar opposite of its supposed intentions, were dead on the same

Not to mention our 100% agreement in the freedom of religion and the 1st amendment, including Muslims being able to practice their 1st class citizen status to pray and build wherever they legally can.

So, yea, they were pretty damn close
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 06:26:54 PM »
Yeah she left off the part about how prejudice is OK as per your posting of Buchanan's column, and the whole shared guilt thing , the one where if 20 Muslims commit acts of terror then all Muslims will commit acts of terror, inferentially or symbolically at the minimum, that you seem to want to emphasize that validates the sensitivities of the 9-11 families who felt the need to object. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »
Apparently you missed the part where we can make up our own minds regarding bigotry & prejudiced, whether we are or not.  The answer would be "no"

Also missed the part where a posting doesn't automatically equate to 100% agreement to the author of the op-ed.  Rarely do they.  One of the few exceptions was that of a recent piece by Krauthammer.  The idea that because 19 Muslims committed acts of terror, than potentially all Muslims can/will, is ludicrous, and even Buchanan's column makes note of that

What we are left with are the nearly identical reasons Miss Henny & I don't support the mosque being built in its current proposed location.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
Let me see if i have this straight.

It is a horrible idea to build the mosque so close to Ground Zero because it will symbolize the religion of the attackers and painfully remind the 9-11 families of their loss, especially so close to the scene of the crime But you just posted that linking the 9-11 terrorists to all of Islam is ludicrous. So i'm guessing the whole symbolism thing is now going to fall to the wayside?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
Location, Location, Location

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
You say location like it means something. If the symbology of the Mosque is not valid, why would the location matter?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »
LOL...because it does.  It meant something when Miss Henny said it, and its meant something since the very beginning of when I said it    ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Are you saying the symbolism matters, even if it is invalid? Why give it credence if you disagree with it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
Because I never said it wasn't.  That'd be you    ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »
Because I never said it wasn't.  That'd be you 

No. You said blaming all Muslims for the actions of Bin Laden would be ludicrous. Are you now retracting that? Because if all Muslims aren't to blame for Bin Ladens actions, why would a Mosque in that location be symbolic?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »
Good lord.  How was my wife and I to be blamed for the policy that went into effect preventing spouses from working in the same dept??

Been over this Bt, a few hundred times now I believe.  The location is a BAD location.  Placing an Islamic symbol so close to the grave site of thousands murdered in the name of Islam is a BAD idea.  It doesn't matter that Bin Ladin isn't an official Islamic Clergy member.  His call to arms, and those that have taken up on it, have done so in the name of Islam.  As twisted as it is, that's the reality of the situation.

This location will bring anything but peace and "coming together in the name of Islamic tolerance".  Why you are having such a difficult time grasping that, is beyond me, yet folks like Miss Henny, who have far more intimate grasp of Islamic culture than you & I combined, agrees??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
His call to arms, and those that have taken up on it, have done so in the name of Islam.  As twisted as it is, that's the reality of the situation.

So you do blame Muslims for Bin Ladens actions. Even though you know that doing so is prejudicial, the same way you feel that you are experiencing prejudice at work.

This location will bring anything but peace and "coming together in the name of Islamic tolerance".  Why you are having such a difficult time grasping that, is beyond me, yet folks like Miss Henny, who have far more intimate grasp of Islamic culture than you & I combined, agrees??

Henny seems to think the disharmony will come from Americans. I tend to agree. But what i don't grasp is why the behavior of Americans is the Imans responsibility. Are you saying Americans are incapable of  behavior control?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
Well, since you insist on claiming things I never said, I think we can close this chapter