« on: December 14, 2006, 03:19:41 AM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: choice
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:18 AM »
I choose no
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 08:50:41 AM »
It is availible as a T-shirt.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:14:45 AM »
Observe that if you answered in the affirmative, this would not actually destroy the universe.

It would simply express your opinion that you would like to destroy it, which is not the same at all.

Most days, I do not favor ending the universe.

But I suspect that it is never really in my power to end the universe, even if I had that butterfly effect working with me.

It would be a violation of the laws pf physics to utterly obliterate the universe: the amount of matter + energy is a constant.
You could, however, if you had infinite power, rearrange the neutrons, protons and electrons and other weirder particles into vastly different atoms and molecules.

This would be an obliteration for any practical purpose to any inhabitant of the Universe who happened to be off his homeworld and watching from a distance, perhaps perched like a parrot on the Theorist's shoulder.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 02:54:12 AM »
It is still a mystery that there is so much more Matter than Anti-matter in the Universe.

We don't know why it has turned out like it has .

Suppose that while you were auditing a Cosmology class you had a flash of insight , and now you knew where all that Anti-matter could be found.

Now you have the power to convert the universe to a diffuse energy state with almost no matter in existence.

Is there a use for this knoledge?